[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Postby Tinker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:48 am

As usual Mr. Perfect thinks that those people got Obama elected. And he's one of the smart ones?
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:51 am

Well you're welcome to find out that hard way, see who turns up for the shooting. It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other in the end.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:52 am

If you think that Black Bloc anarchists voted for Obama you really have no idea who is who. I'm much more clear on the camo crowd than you are on your supposed political opposition because I grew up around the camo crowd.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:58 am

I'm sure I would never be able to change your mind on that, so all I can say is that if the left, these people on the street, whatever you want to call them, if you they want to throw down, we're ready.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:07 am

But this is the most likely outcome, so popcorn will be popping. :P

Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:43 am

better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:45 am

Maybe Obama is to the left what Iraq and the bailouts were to the right. A repudiation of not just machines, but goals? A moment of clarity, if you will.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:51 am

Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:01 am

the glowing carp

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:16 am

But we also already have anti-grifter laws for financial companies. Those are already on the books.

Why then do you think the fleabaggers are protesting WS and not say the Obama administration?

Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:23 am

the glowing carp

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:32 am

Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:19 am

Sorry my mistake, repeal of GS enabled Banks to engage high risk and partake in fraudulant 'trading'.

Reinstatement would mean that Banks would be more like Banks.

The idea that every day people are supposed to go along with this AnarchoCapitalism and be able to know if their bank is involved in risky trading is a fantasy, as Banks just hide their risks behind falsely rated product, thus the only way the every day investor can be protected is by legally restricting trading activities of Banks. Democratic and Republican involvment in this feeding frenzy is demonstrated by the failled enactment of Dodd-Frank and the lack of prosecution.

It is ironic that Bankers are laughing at the general public seeing as it was the public's hard won cash that saved their system and there is a chance that full tilt Depression will still occur then they won't be laughing as 'too big to fail' will translate to 'too bad'.

Occupy is right to protest Wall st as current Politicians are largely irrelevant, they are only the 'help' for Wall st as Tinker said, so it is better to shine torches on the 'Master', this gives Occupy credibility come election day. Access to the 'Master' is through Congress and Occupy is well placed to capture millions of votes from disappointed Democrats and Independants.
Last edited by the glowing carp on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
the glowing carp

Postby AzariLoveIran » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:37 am

Attachments
image-276987-galleryV9-bxkl.jpg
image-276987-galleryV9-bxkl.jpg (45.39 KiB) Viewed 638 times
AzariLoveIran

Postby Tinker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:29 pm

The ridiculous point about saying they should Occupy DC is that THEY ALREADY FUCKING ARE. The second ridiculous point is WE HAVE TELECOMMUNICATIONS THE POLITICIANS IN DC SEE THE OCCUPATION OF WALL STREET.

So if you are dumb enough to think they aren't protesting the White House, by all means keep talking.

The problem is not the repeal of Glass-Steagall, Canada has nothing like Glass-Steagall and they are just fine. The problem is we have weak regulatory agencies, and too many of them. We need to rationalize our regulatory environment, reduce the number of agencies, reduce the number of regulations, and making it a serious fucking crime to break the regulations that are in place. I say we decide some value for a human life. Say $ 1.7m dollars. For every $ 1.7m you steal you are charged with one count of manslaughter. If you live in a state that has the death penalty, then the death penalty is on the table.
Tinker

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:39 pm

That's a bad idea. I don't even want to be around a society that values a life as a set price.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Tinker

Postby Colonel Sun » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Who came up with the expression "fleabaggers"?

Regardless of the issue of OWS merit, it's clever and funny.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Tinker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Goldman Sachs goes to war against the Credit Union that OWS keeps its money in.

http://www.nationofchange.org/goldman-s ... _multiline
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:50 pm

There was another police riot in Denver.

I guess people have forgotten:

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:55 pm

A lesson in honor from a former member of the LAPD.
Tinker

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Demon of Undoing

Postby monster_gardener » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:32 pm

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby monster_gardener » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Last edited by monster_gardener on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events