[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Postby Tinker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:43 pm

http://www.nycga.net/groups/alternative-banking/home/

See this is what people don't understand. This is why it's not a protest, this is why it's not an organization.

We are building organizations, but we are not an organization. We are the people, pure and simple. We aren't trying to remake the world order, we are using the tools that are useful, and we are discarding those that are not. The old critiques about people trying to 'escape' history are just silly. Sure, there is a lot of that kind of fervor going on, but the reality is we are just building competitive structures, we are building alternatives to the corporations that no longer serve us. We are empowering credit unions at the expense of the large banks. Will this in the short-term hurt those larger banks? No.

We aren't failing at all, we are building new cultural institutions, institutions that will continue to exist after we are gone, and yes, ultimately be rebelled against by a new generation that wants to organize in a different way.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Colonel Sun » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:10 pm

That's all well and good, but how is the long underwear situation?

If I was involved in this action, I think I would have picked April as a start date.

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby AzariLoveIran » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:18 pm

AzariLoveIran

Postby Tinker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:28 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby AzariLoveIran » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Why American media does not report ? ?

PressTv .. equitable analysis :lol:

AzariLoveIran

Postby Hoosiernorm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:39 pm

I can never think of anything witty to put into a signature.
Hoosiernorm

Postby Tinker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Tinker

Postby Hoosiernorm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:29 pm

Hoosiernorm

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:36 pm

I KNOW I LOVE IT! GO FLEABAGGERS!!!!!! GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

THIS IS 1968 ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!!

:P :P :P :P
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:37 pm

They need to be careful what they wish for. There is no doubt in my mind the Rs have it wrapped up for the next~ 10 years. But the increasing urbanization and the fact that ten years out the landscape will be unrecognizable should make for no comfort for them at all.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:42 pm

10 years from now the fleabaggers will be voting reliably Republican, like so many leftists that came before.

There is nothing new under the sun.

The hippies all claimed to a man that they were building a new age.

Now they vote for people like Herman Cain and listen to Rush Limbaugh.

I like the new age. :P :P
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby Hoosiernorm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Hoosiernorm

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Well I'm certainly not hoping for violence, but when the left goes all 1968 on you, I don't really know how you stop that, particularly when the Democrats run Justice and are mayors and own the machine of the cities involved.

Don't really know how you stop that, if it happens.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Make sure to spend lots of time effort and money on that. :P

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Tinker

Postby Hoosiernorm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Hoosiernorm

Postby Tinker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm not "making" any money, I'm being given money by the fleabaggers. :P No making going on anywhere. Every time I turn around, fleabaggers shoving their money in face, saying "here, take it! Take it now!" :P

It would be rude to turn them down.

As for the Nazi, so far GOP is not involved in any of the Nazi activity you are complaining about.

Just Democrats doing that. :P

1968 here we come!

:P :P

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:06 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events