[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Postby the glowing carp » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:22 pm

better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:30 pm

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:17 am

err yeah that is what I think, it's why I wrote it.

I don't mind if Obama doesn't win the next election, I'm happy if Mc-Cain wins, his frozen-pizzafication of the American economy over 4 years would guarantee the growth of Occupy as it would prove that the Tea party is in no way fit to be any where near the steering wheel thus some Independants would be drawn to Occupy and with a growing youth base the future looks good. While the Republican and Tea party base is old and dying, thus whatever victories you have they will not last, so enjoy while you can.

America needs a third way, to counter complacency of the Democrats and the nuttiness of the Republicans.

As Tinker and you have said the Presidency is not where it is at, but it is where the brand name recognition is most highly generated and Mc-Cain putting the American economy in the Microwave to heat it up will cause the reputation of the TP to shrink like an old chip packet. Especially as I can see Mc-Cain doing a Bush on the Presidency, utilising the executive powers Dark Lord Cheney ennacted.

Occupy Italy infiltrated by Police agent provocateurs, these guy's should be hog tied for the duration.

the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:35 pm

If a Bank locks the doors and closes you in, you can press charges against the Bank Manager for kidnapping.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling: "I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election. The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure. Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around. _*Congressional Reform Act of 2011*_ 1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office. 2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose. 3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do. 4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%. 5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people. 6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people. 7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work. If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Don't you think it's time? THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS! If you agree with the above, pass it on.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby YMix » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:42 pm

Humanity ought to be the first order of interest for humans.
YMix

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:53 pm

HOUHA!!!!
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Citibank false imprisonment.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:41 pm

There is no better indicator that this is left vs right than to have RS say that it isn't.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:54 pm

Nothing would make me happier.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:00 pm

Sure. And I am all for Ron Paul, but y'all in your party won't elect him. You keep favoring these other imbeciles. I don't know why. Please vote for Ron Paul. If you do, I will vote for him in the General.
Tinker

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Sideburns. That's the killer.
10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby the glowing carp » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:00 am

the glowing carp

Postby the glowing carp » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:23 am

the glowing carp

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:34 am

I prmise you, it will take more than that bullhorn to draw attention away from a Marine of that size, screaming at full volume ( lot of lungs there). On PI and at Dago, they learn to use a voice as a close range weapon. It can literally hurt and disorient at short distance, and is indeed used by series drill instructors as a punitive measure on recruits. You don't get to see that on video as a general rule.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Ibrahim » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:10 am

I have to admit I was a little let down by the Marine video. Not saying he doesn't have a reason to be mad, but yelling "these are American citizens!" at police is pretty redundant. Police exist to enforce the law among the citizenry of wherever they are located. NYPD exists to enforce the law against American citizens.

I can see where he's coming from with the "no honor" in clubbing civilian protesters, but claiming moral high ground of being an war vet is questionable to me. Police (many good guys, some pricks) club citizens at the behest of their masters. Soldiers (many good guys, some pricks) kill foreigners at the behest of their masters. If you want to club/shoot innocent civilians, its at best a toss up as to which is the better career path.

Seems like an ok guy though.
Ibrahim

Postby AzariLoveIran » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:12 am

546049_pic_970x641.jpg
546049_pic_970x641.jpg (125.91 KiB) Viewed 678 times
AzariLoveIran

Postby the glowing carp » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:45 pm

the glowing carp

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:01 pm

I want to check this out first hand tomorrow, maybe try to make an article or essay out of the experience; but most importantly, to see first hand what is going on.

Anyone have any questions I should ask people if I go down there?

My only grumble is arriving into the city around 6:30, and I don't imagine that Liberty Square is going to be shaking that early.

I'll report back when I get the chance.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby Tinker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events