[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Postby the glowing carp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:34 am

better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby the glowing carp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:24 am

the glowing carp

Postby noddy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:19 am

this will be realpolitik about resource control and barely legitimate governments with large angry populations they dont know what to do with, religion will provide a cover story for some of them i spose but wont be relevant beyond that.
noddy

Postby AzariLoveIran » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:14 am

AzariLoveIran

Postby Simple Minded » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:56 am

Last edited by Simple Minded on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Postby Simple Minded » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:16 am

Simple Minded

Postby Tinker » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:56 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:57 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Tinker

Postby YMix » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Humanity ought to be the first order of interest for humans.
YMix

Postby Tinker » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Fox News Poll on Occupy Wall Street
Tinker

Postby Ibrahim » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Ibrahim

Postby Ammianus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Just heard from Doge Bloomberg that the protestors have to leave Zucotti Park:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/99102132/De ... cotti-Park

But no worries, it just a temporary cleanup for the morning, and then they all be back and be merry. Right?

Tinker what the news on the ground regarding this?
Ammianus

Postby Tinker » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:30 am

I am heading down now. Action starts at 6 am if you want to join us.
Tinker

Postby the glowing carp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:58 am

Matt Taibi on breaking up 'to big to fail' corporations as a demand of Occupy.

Matt Taibi is one of the few journalists on the planet not sailing in their own tea cup of power.
the glowing carp

Postby Demon of Undoing » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:12 am

I must express great disappointment in the OWS list of goals. They really are asking for a bailout. Behavioral, but a behavioral bailout nonetheless. Still, they have the fewest ties to the system, the fewest blood debts. Better they put a shoulder to the wheel than make no attempt at all. But inasmuch as they are not those organizational sociopaths of which I spoke, they will be co-opted, silenced, marginalized and forgotten. Staying within the older mechanisms is playing the reactionaries' game.

I just want to see serious repentance. The " tax me" thing is sort of a start, but misses the point.

Oh well. They ain't there to suit me. Instead I see it as further paralysis and deadlocking, the real toxin of the tragedy in America. Regardless of where my sympathies may sometimes lie, OWS will not beat the Republicans at the ballot box for at least ten years. If that.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Ibrahim » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:33 am

Ibrahim

Postby noddy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:02 am

all i can really say is that you dont make corporate power and government corruption irrelevant by asking em to change... you do it by making em irrelevant.

the balance of the world market is changing rapidly and it wont happen via plans that expect all our crazy difference to go away and agree on everything, it will happen by chaotic experimentation and lots of failure and eventually people will notice whats working and not working for our modern conditions and come to a new shared viewpoint on what the system should provide.

id also say the above sentance is what puts me more in the TP camp, the lack of faith in anything but gridlock when too much is asked of our "multiculture" when it comes to dealing with the unknown... all you can do is let us go and do our best within our own little worlds and hope the magority of us do have the ability to cooperate with the folks outside our door and work something out.

and id also say its those of us in areas which can self sustain for food and work and dont expect healthcare that are more likely to be on the TP side of the fence, i dont need government very much (*) and thats just the way it is.

(*) to counteract the tedious anarchy nonsense id like to point out id be stoked if the police force went back to only stopping violence against the weak and spent far less time busting people for ideological social engineering porpoises. id also be even more stoked if my tax money did go to supporting the weak rather than propping up ever larger government departments to socially engineer them.
noddy

Postby Mr. Perfect » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:18 am

The fleabaggers simply represent the last pathetic gasp of leftism, nothing more nothing less. I am really enjoying my viewing seat.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby noddy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:36 am

noddy

Postby Mr. Perfect » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:19 am

No, the conservative movement is diving deep into the pond of personal responsibility. We are growing gardens and buying guns, and paying down debt. Personal responsibility is growing everyday over here. It's all anybody talks about, being prepared, when you go to church or work. Doing things the Barta way.

As for national solvency, most feel it is coin toss but we did out part. We overachieved if anything, but putting the whole country on our shoulders is a but unrealistic. I think we will pull it out and conservatism with enjoy another 30-50 year period.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Somewhere in the bowels of this thread Tinker mentioned what was actually happening at Occupy : Networking, it took me a while but I may have stumbled on to what is really going on, not people seeking to alter the system to make it all nice and shit, but the creation of a shadow system, an 'alterior'..made up word to describe this very event, system, that will grow through the supply lines of data as the exterior system slowly corrodes and collapses.

My brother through his craft already operates in such a alterior system where the dedicated are rewarded with continued existance, he is a boat builder, where in hard times only true believers are effective and survive and it is through networking he flourishes. His system has the advantage of being financed by the 1% therefore it is not 100% alterior, never the less it is a legitimate model.
the glowing carp

Postby the glowing carp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:40 pm

the glowing carp

Postby Demon of Undoing » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events