[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - ObamaBush

ObamaBush

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

ObamaBush

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:36 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Stripsearching housewives

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:00 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Re: ObamaBush

Postby Tinker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:07 pm

You are what you hate. By complaining about Obama being Bush, you are the thing you decry. Particularly since you mimic the change platform as a Tea Party sort. You are cool with big government oppression as long as your politicians lie about their political affiliation.

It is kind of bizarre to watch you go crazy though. Having to lie to people who KNOW you are wrong. It is weird when you lie to people about what THEY believe when they know brr than you, what they believe.

Sun Tzu advised we should know our enemies, yet you insist on being continuously wrong. NO ONE is silent about the things you say they are silent about.

Why do you lie to yourself? Why do you do it in public when near 100% of your audience knows you are wrong?
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:38 pm

Startling bit of projection.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Demon of Undoing » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:56 pm

MrP, seriously. You are hammering Tinker for being quiet when his guy( and calling Obama, Tinker's " guy" is a leap, but as Tink does defend O as much as anybody, I'll allow it) does things he would otherwise decry. But that's what you are doing. I'm not sure what you are going for here.

As to the Republican wins, great. You're about to catch the car. I'm not convinced you will know what to do with it once you get it- let's face it; no matter how well you may feel you have it figured out, the RNC ain't you. Watch them not follow the Milo doctrine once they win. Libya? You think Libya is a problem? Wait unroll Yosemite Perry goes after Iran because of blgjffufrudfvfhfh.

Will you protest that?
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Mr.P,

It is unfair to criticize Democrats/Left-wing whatevers of dishonesty. They are consistent with their outrage; they are swept up in philosophical traps started long ago and they promote a set of rules they don't believe the "right" shares (though the right does share them- check out the book The Problem of Order by Dennis Wrong.)

Both sides are fighting over what rules are the "true" rules but the world doesn't function by rules- there is no justice in that, even less so when you try to ask what is agreed upon being just in the first place.

You and them is an internecine battle and those never ever ever ever end well for anyone.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey... The big O did win a Noble PEACE prize.
Why people thought he would be different I will never know...
Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
It's time to set my demons free
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:42 pm

NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
It's time to set my demons free
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Najar » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:58 pm

I dont beleive that this has anything to do with his status as 'minority'.

Obamas convictions resonated with the nation and he was articulate about it. But his personality is of comprising nature and he doesnt have the backbone for a nasty fight.

He ended up talking a big game and delivering little.

In Bush we had a president with wrong convictions , but was not afraid for a nasty fight . Obama is the opposite.

SOmehow Mr.P is trying to equate the two.
Najar

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Najar » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:37 pm

Najar

Postby Tinker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Barack Obama is what I said he would be when the elections were going on. People were too busy coming up with new and inventive ways to say, "Obamaton", to listen to me. And now that he's been elected people don't remember because they were too busy coming up with new and inventive ways of saying "Obamaton". I think the problem here is one of terminology. Obama isn't a NeoConservative like Bush, rather he is a NeoLiberal like every single President since World War II. NeoConservatism was NeoLiberalism repackaged, it was a very clever fnord, and the rubes bought it. But it's the same old thing, the unquestioned hegemonic stability theory in action. Basically, I knew this going in, I never thought Obama was a 'new kind of politician', what I thought was that he was a very clever, very smart, and very measured politician. Nothing I have seen as yet has changed that viewpoint. As things move along, I am finding myself with less tolerance for the traditional NeoLiberal agenda that Presidents share regardless of party, but that is a different thing. It is not surprising that Libya was put on the chopping block, and it is not surprising that Syria is next. They are Marshall Planning the Middle-East. I just think that Obama's administration is doing it with less style and panache, but with a lot more sophistication and sublety than his predecessors.

Anyone, regardless of which side you were on, that ever thought Obama was not a Neo-Liberal simply did not listen to the man. It's always funny when people talk about his engagement in Afghanistan as evidence that he's gone against the wishes of his base, when one of his campaign promises was that he'd INCREASE troops in Afghanistan.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:45 pm

A lot of labels in there.

Mr. Perfect

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 pm

NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby Tinker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:00 am

Mr. Perfect

Postby Ibrahim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:22 am

Ibrahim

Postby AzariLoveIran » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:15 am

AzariLoveIran

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 pm

NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:48 pm

Tinker

Next

Return to American Electoral Politics