[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Irony, Idiocy or I Want What I Want When I Want It

Irony, Idiocy or I Want What I Want When I Want It

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

Irony, Idiocy or I Want What I Want When I Want It

Postby skyhook77sfg » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:56 pm

As the House Majority leader symbolically bows to his freshmen captors by loudly slurping tea in the President's face...

and his sneering head negotiator Cantor slinks into oblivion after his possibly criminal insider trading goes public...

and Democrats who voted to a man against raising the debt ceiling for Bush Jr cry when they are denied one...

Reagan got 17 by the way, 3 more than Bush Jrs 14 about which Republicans seem to have gone amnesiac

and the first black POTUS turns white as his base begins to organize a full fledged boycott...

The Econoomist asks "is this the worst congress ever" and answers yes....

take a look at this recent rundown on the downturn in the American prospect:

NOTHING FIXED, STILL INSOLVENT & FRAUD RIDDEN

One should constantly remember that no solution to the financial crisis has been installed, nothing fixed, no big banks liquidated, no end to monetary inflation, no end to outsized USGovt deficits, no change of Goldman Sachs running the USGovt finance ministry, no discharge of big bank home inventory, no end to secretive subterranean support of stocks and bonds, no revival of the housing market, no return of US industry from Asia, no prosecution of Wall Street for multi-$trillion bond fraud, no end to money laundering of narco funds to Wall Street banks, no interruption to the endless costly wars, no end to the propaganda obediently pumped out by the US press & media networks. Nothing has changed except that some commodities are lower in price, including the queen Silver.

The steady stream of debt downgrades around the world curiously overlooks perhaps the worst offender of all, the United States. Refer to its horrendous PIIGS-like key ratios with much higher volume of debt. It seems good sport to nail Greece or Spain with a debt downgrade, when the US wrestles with a debt limit and chronic $1.5 trillion annual deficits, even costly endless wars. So Moodys is telling the USCongress that they better raise the debt ceiling or else. Or else what? Nothing!! The German debt rating agency Feri had the stones to downgrade the USGovt debt from AAA to AA. It is a significant slap in the face. They pointed to the fact that for the third consecutive year, the USGovt deficit is over 10% relative to gross domestic product (GDP). Its CEO Tobias Schmidt said, "The US government has fought the effects of the financial market crisis primarily by an increase in government debt. We do not see that here is sufficient alternative measures. Our rating system shows a deterioration, so the downgrading of the credit ratings of US is warranted. Deficits of such magnitude are not a sustainable fiscal policy. We would reconsider the rating when the US government creates a long-term sustainable budget."

The USFed is currently purchasing between 75% and 80% of all USTreasury auction bonds, notes, and bills. They use a nifty quick turnaround with the obligated Primary Bond Dealers. What used to distributed to bond funds like PIMCO and pension funds across the US land are no more. The dedicated Primary Bond Dealers have resorted to shoving all the USTreasury product back to the USFed inside one month in anything but routine FOMC operations, usually in two weeks time.

It is almost funny, if not tragic, that despite deferred criminal prosecution on mortgage bond fraud, despite being banned in Europe for misrepresentation and collusion to conceal sovereign debt, Goldman Sachs still has total control of the USDept Treasury. If only the people were more aware that GSax under Robert Rubin leased, sold, and leveraged a few $trillion in profit from the gold bullion that used to reside in Fort Knox.

http://www.financialsense.com/contribut ... em-failure
skyhook77sfg

Re: Irony, Idiocy or I Want What I Want When I Want It

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:27 pm

And you're all wrong. This debt spending has to STOP. NO MORE.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby skyhook77sfg » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:50 pm

quiet as a you know what doing you know what on cotton

when it as Reagan doubling natl debt

and W tripling it

THE NEW REPUBLICAN OATH OF OFFICE

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter subject to my signed pledge not to raise taxes as demanded by Grover Nyquist

So help me God
skyhook77sfg

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:21 pm

That's ridiculous. I would almost say brain dead.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Hoosiernorm » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:33 pm

still trying to figure out where skyhook is from, anyone have any guesses?
I can never think of anything witty to put into a signature.
Hoosiernorm

Postby Tinker » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:32 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Hoosiernorm » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:41 pm

I can never think of anything witty to put into a signature.
Hoosiernorm

Postby Tinker » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:48 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Return to American Electoral Politics