[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - the rise of the american taliban....

the rise of the american taliban....

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

Re: the rise of the american taliban....

Postby Colonel Sun » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:22 am

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby AzariLoveIran » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:45 am

AzariLoveIran

Postby the glowing carp » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:01 am

I hope Bachmann does become President because then America will have a not so closet gay (her husband) in the Whitehouse and and that would be the the funnist shit since ugly face. The hypocrisy will be overflowing, on a Biblical scale.
better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Tinker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:16 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby skyhook77sfg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:59 pm

or maybe a republican president having to deal with the inevitable consequence of the republican shift from tax and spend to BORROW AND SPEND BY REAGAN and his

republican successors in fulfillment of REPUBLICAN KINGMAKER GROVER NYQUISTS COMMAND TO SPEND THE GOVERNMENT INTO OBLIVION....

would be appropriate justice----

the reagan revolution was just that...

it began all the current destructive trends

from union busting to jobs offshoring... and

it ushered in economic failure by every meaasure

and was spiked by the CheneyBush doublers of debt

and disinterested regulators of financial lunacies

that privatized profit and socialized losses and bonuses...

let the republicans sweep all elections

so they wind up on the gallows they built....

karmically correct IMHO
skyhook77sfg

Postby Tinker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Lets not forget that it was Reagan who destroyed marriage by signing the country's first 'no-fault' divorce law. You don't really hear any of the Teavangelists saying this.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Bachmann, Perry& Overdrive is hardly Taliban-ish. Though they slavishly advocate an unusal work ethic:

NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:26 pm

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby skyhook77sfg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Quem deus vult perdere

dementat prius.....
skyhook77sfg

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:12 pm

The Democrats do seem to be losing their minds, I'll give you that.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby skyhook77sfg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:29 pm

you have misinterpreted my latin as a partisan comment

both parties are loosing it...

joe 6pack without a 6 pack

is a mean sombitch

he's gonna string
all you guys up...

democrats on the left

republicans on the right

MADAMA DEFARGE IS MAKING A LIST

how do you spell your name again?
skyhook77sfg

Postby cincinnatus » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:21 pm

A silly pledge that the lying politicians will ignore in practice, as they know it'll die in the courts as unconstitutional (eventually). Just a way to use some voters' pet issue, just like with Abortion, and as Obama did with the "anti-war" and "anti-police state" crowd. Distract, divide, conquer.

The closest to the Taliban in the U.S. is the disgusting Westboro Church (who supposedly are coming to my town to protest outside the memorial service of a family of 7 killed in a Cessna crash in Alabama...that's class!). But even those loons aren't popping caps in women's heads for walking with a non-familial male, or blowing up cultural icons, or killing politicians who disagree with their extreme views. Hell, I'm convinced it (Westboro Church's act) is a money-making scam--provoke violence against themselves with disgusting and incredibly incendiary rhetoric towards people grieving the loss of loved ones, then sue for civil damages!

But , calling folks against Gay Marriage "American Taliban" is about as empty as calling a Dem a Marxist for wanting a top-tax rate of 38% versus 35%. Sort of a cross between Apples-to-Oranges logical fallacy and projection (of one's worst biases against their opposite masked in a "slippery-slope" argument) on both counts.

+1 to Mr. P RE his Stalin/Taliban comparison (but...will be +1 to Obama if Bachman is the Repub nom come Nov 2012 regardless of current polls, unemployment rate, etc.).
cincinnatus

Postby Colonel Sun » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:52 am

People who equate the US Right to the Taliban and and the US Left to Stalinism are obviously engaging in content-free hyperbole.

Those who actually believe in their rhetoric must have lived rather sheltered lives.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Simple Minded » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:08 am

Simple Minded

Postby skyhook77sfg » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:19 am

or might it just be the old returning of the favor in kind?

the OT/ Hamurrabi solution...

seeing how thats been around far longer

and is a command from on high

where all the lightening bolts are hurled
skyhook77sfg

Postby skyhook77sfg » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:01 am

RELIGION AND POLITICS DO NOT MIX WELL

When I was a kid, I was taught that the Pilgrims fled to the New World to escape religious persecution.

Somewhere in there, I learned that we don’t have a national religion and people were free to practice whatever religion they wanted. That was kind of it as far as religion went in my history classes and overall education. Sure, Jews were mentioned in the context of the Holocaust but more as a race than a religion. I did, however, attend Synagogue for a few years as an adolescent. I viewed it more as learning my heritage as opposed to actively worshipping. Even then, I was not inclined towards belief. Probably because my parents were more interested in making sure I was curious about stuff instead of learning any particular dogma, religion was, for me, just something that other people did. It would be many years before I understood I was an atheist and even more years until I stumbled across Dawkins, Hitchens, et. al and learned how to verbalize it.

Through all of this, it never occurred to me that I would ever have to worry about a particular set of religious values being forced upon me. I always assumed that religion was a private thing, practiced in one’s home or place of worship that was it. Even in college, I rarely came across any real religious zeal. I once took a trip down to Washington DC with the Young Republicans club because they were my friends and they invited me to go. I got to meet Oliver North who was so exact in his pose with each of us, from me at 6’2” to little Jen, all of 5’1”, that, to this day, I cannot convince people the pictures are not of us next to a cardboard cutout.

Even with the Young Republicans during that first Bush presidency, I wasn’t assaulted with any kind of religious politics. I did find a good deal of racism which gave me a big clue about how Republicans see the world. I was totally apolitical at the time and had no idea what the difference between a Democrat and a Republican was since I didn’t read, or watch, the news and no one had ever mentioned it in any of my classes. My political education was also sorely lacking. It irritates me when I think back on it.

Fast forward to the Bush years. I had been aware of the Evangelical movement back in the 80s but Creationism still wasn’t being taught in schools and Roe v. Wade hadn’t been overturned on religious grounds. But during Bush’s tenure, I started hearing the more than occasional remark about how not believing in God makes you a bad American and if you were a LIBERAL that didn’t believe in God? Scum of the Earth!

Wait a minute. Not believing in God (or, more precisely, not believing in a very specific version of God) makes me a bad American? How does that even work? This country was founded on religious freedom and the explicit separation of Church and State, wasn’t it? And that’s when I became acquainted with Republican Jesus™.

Who the hell is Republican Jesus™?

Republican Jesus™ is very different than the Jesus you and I are familiar with. First off, he is White. Not just white, but White White. Republican Jesus has a special place in his heart for America. Specifically, White America. Do you doubt this? Ask yourself why anyone who believes in a colorblind Jesus would even conceive of praying for the death of Obama? No, only those who follow Republican Jesus would even think that such a prayer could, or should, be answered. If you are currently thinking that racism has nothing to do with the unprecedented hatred of Obama, go away, I’m talking to the grownups.

Republican Jesus, by the way, is a big supporter of the Confederacy. Why he let them lose the War of Northern Aggression is a mystery. But all “real” Americans know that the South will rise again and Republican Jesus will lead the way back to glory. Or something like that. How the Northern and Mid-western Red states fit into this Southern revival is also a mystery.

Republican Jesus loves guns. Loves them! Never mind all that silly talk of beating swords into plowshares! Every good member of the church of Republican Jesus should have, at minimum, enough armament to hold off an invasion by those commie Nazi liberal hordes that are coming any day now. Or the ATF, whichever shows up first. Or maybe just enough to wipe out a school room filled with kids when their excellent parenting skills manifest themselves in the next Columbine tragedy.

Remember, conservatives, to complain about anti-bullying programs being government overreach afterwards!

Republican Jesus loves the rich. Ignore that whole “camel through the eye of a needle” garbage. Republican Jesus wants you to be prosperous! It’s called “prosperity theology” and it percolates throughout the conservative religious fervor. God rewards the faithful with material wealth. Very spiritual stuff. If your idea of spiritual is a McMansion.

But Republican Jesus is not just about love. Republican Jesus™ also hates and, boy, does he hate!

Republican Jesus hates the poor. This is the flip side of “prosperity theology”. If God rewards the faithful with riches, than the poor are obviously NOT of the faith and deserve what they get. This is, in part, why conservatives hate the social safety nets of welfare, food stamps and Medicaid. Those (and by “those” I mean those) people don’t worship Republican Jesus and are unworthy of being helped. Besides if you feed them, they’ll just breed!

Republican Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer of South Carolina actually said that. And he meant it.

Republican Jesus hates The Gay. They’re sinners, after all. It says so right there in the Bible next to the part about shellfish being an abomination. Nothing demonstrates the compassionate conservatives’ dedication to the teachings of Republican Jesus like blocking legislation for same sex marriage and calling homosexuals pedophiles while enjoying a nice shrimp cocktail before a delicious lobster dinner.

Also, Republican Jesus gave us AIDS, and STDs in general, as punishment for homosexuality. Of course, this ignores the fact that lesbians (a well known subset of homosexuality) have the lowest rate of STDs, including AIDS, among all adult population groups. So as far as punishment goes, half of the “sinners” are better off than the rest of us, statistically speaking. Maybe Republican Jesus likes him some girl on girl action?

Republican Jesus hates Muslims. Muslims are scary because some of them do bad things to innocent people. That makes them all evil terrorists. This is not to be confused with White Christian Militia types who blow up abortion clinics or plot political assassinations in Republican Jesus’ name. Those people are martyrs and heroes. Or they were crazy lone wolfs having nothing to do with Republican Jesus. It depends on which channel you’re interviewing on, Fox or MSNBC.

Republican Jesus totally hates Liberals. Liberals are the pawns of Satan George Soros trying to destroy the greatest country ever made on this 6000 year old planet (conservative moderates are almost as bad and must be expunged!). Compromising with a Liberal is a terrible sin in the eyes of Republican Jesus and must not be tolerated.

Finally, Republican Jesus hates science with a passion bordering on obsession.

Everybody knows women are second class because they were created from man's rib.

Or was it out of dust.

Or both.

www.addictinginfo.org/2011/01/10/republican-jesus

AND THATS WHY RELIGION AND POLITICS SHOULD BE KEPT FAR APART
Last edited by skyhook77sfg on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
skyhook77sfg

Postby Ibrahim » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:02 am

I always though the Klan was America's answer to the Taliban. Rednecks justifying unspecified hatred for anything different from them with some pseudo-religious babble. Living in the hills and backwaters, collecting rifles and generating stump-toothed offspring en mass. The only real difference is the hats (tea cozy vs. pillow case).

Far-right US Presidential political candidates haven't earned their "Taliban" stripes until they murder some children (burn down black church, acid to the face, whatever).
Ibrahim

Postby skyhook77sfg » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:06 am

SO BLOWING DOCTORS BRAINS OUT DOESNT EARN INTOLERANCE STRIPES

AND BOMBING CLINICS DOESNT COUNT...

NOR KILLING TALK SHOW HOSTS?

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
skyhook77sfg

Postby Mr. Perfect » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:09 am

Mr. Perfect

Postby skyhook77sfg » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:35 am

Fear?

hardly.

disgust....revulsion...contempt....nausea...

and then a great wave of sadness for so much emptiness in one human vessel

blessed with so much intelligence and so little wisdom....

nemo surdior est quam is qui non audiet

go ahead look this up too
skyhook77sfg

Postby Mr. Perfect » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 am

Mr. Perfect

Postby skyhook77sfg » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:02 am

than dont.

thank you.

isnt it time for your protein powder senior shake?
skyhook77sfg

Postby Tinker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Tinker

Postby cincinnatus » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:55 pm

cincinnatus

PreviousNext

Return to American Electoral Politics