[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Music: What are you listening to?

Music: What are you listening to?

This is the place to discuss film/painting/literature/perfume/dance/music and any category of sensual construction of a performative nature.

Moderator: YMix

Re: Music: What are you listening to?

Postby Colonel Sun » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:29 am

[Perf. Osaka Philharmonic Orchestra. Eiji Oue, Conductor]
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby jerryberry » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:27 am

Pat Metheny -Phase Dance. Very jazzy and I love the melody or hook on this tune.
If you can't win by reason, go for volume
jerryberry

Postby Tinker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:53 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby jerryberry » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Oysterhead was a pretty cool show. I saw them at the Greek in Berkeley.

I'll probably buy this dvd next month even though I swore off Phish at Coventry ....

jerryberry

Postby Tinker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:32 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby jerryberry » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:38 pm

That sucks dude! Sometimes shit just passes you by.
jerryberry

Postby Tinker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Tinker

Postby Colonel Sun » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby jerryberry » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Phish fans suck. They just do and I think you hit it on the spot with the frat boy thing. Having said that the band is having a great year and I'd say catch a show at MSG when they play it again. I'm old hippie myself so phish seen is always going to be a bit uncomfortable but the music is good enough to tolerate all the bullshit. My musical birth was in the Grateful Dead and I liked the lot at many dead shows. Weekend camping in the middle of the city and partying the whole time was just so damn fun. Now my back is less tolerable of 3 nights of pavement and I'm more inclined to violence towards the tweekers and drunks. I've had a hard time breaking into the professional world because of my crunchiness and that will never change. I like playing in the dirt and hanging in the wilderness. Fortunately, a part of my nature is very organizational, so that strength has balanced out my loosey goosey-ness.

My favorite crunchy band today is railroad earth. They are a perfect companion when I'm car camping or carrying my box (who says that anymore?) to zone out in the wilderness. Fans are super chill. I like to dance to their music.
[url]
http://www.archive.org/details/RRE2008-06-28.sdb.flac16[/url]
jerryberry

Postby Tinker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Tinker

Postby Colonel Sun » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:54 pm

[Perf. The Cowboy Junkies]

[Perf. The Cowboy Junkies]

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Colonel Sun » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:12 pm

[Perf. The Bit-52's ]
Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Colonel Sun » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Tinker » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Tinker

Postby Colonel Sun » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Colonel Sun » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Hoosiernorm » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:18 am

Motörhead - I Don`t Believe A Word

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnJ7hmhjPQA
I can never think of anything witty to put into a signature.
Hoosiernorm

Postby Hoosiernorm » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Since we are on the subject

I can never think of anything witty to put into a signature.
Hoosiernorm

Postby Colonel Sun » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby CaptainMongles » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:37 am

CaptainMongles

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

I smell youth, vintage youth . . .

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:25 pm

[Perf. Pet Shop Boys]
Because

Colonel Sun

Postby noddy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:55 am

I was obsessed with improvised music for quite some time, had all the indie wanker ideals about never playing a cover song, never playing the same solo twice.

still didnt get phish - always seemed MOR to me :/
noddy

Postby Tinker » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:53 pm

MOR?
Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Art