[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Converting Plastic to Oil

Converting Plastic to Oil

Discussions of the material world and its proper study.

Moderator: YMix

Converting Plastic to Oil

Postby Tinker » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Demon: This seems like something you could build rather easily.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Re: Converting Plastic to Oil

Postby jerryberry » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Wow, one more reason to mine the dumps!
If you can't win by reason, go for volume
jerryberry

Postby Tinker » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:07 am

Yup, pretty damn cool.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby jerryberry » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:12 pm

I'd like to here some input from our resident scientist' about weather this makes sense from an energy inputs to outputs ratio. I also think this fella resonates with me because I have desire for cleanliness in the public space.
If you can't win by reason, go for volume
jerryberry

Postby Tinker » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:03 pm

Yes, there are many reasons to do it besides pure energy input/output. And also, people will start thinking about input/output differently, because it's about the portability of the energy resource, not so much whether its production is energy neutral. Because if you get the electricity from solar, does it matter if the output is less than the input?
Tinker

Return to Science