[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Postby Captain Murphy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:58 am

Do you want the moustache on or off?
Captain Murphy

Postby Alph » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:56 am

Trends that can't continue, won't. But until then, they will.
Alph

Postby Tinker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:34 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:37 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Two members of the Army display the rugged individualism that Mr. Perfect is very proud of.

Tinker

Postby Alph » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Alph

Postby Tinker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:24 pm

Tinker

Postby Alph » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Tinker,

None of those economic points are really anything... from OWS? They're promising. But hardly something the boys down in Zuccotti Park just invented. OWS is a political movement. What are its politics? What is it going to do?

What would the Sun Tzu who said, 'Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.' think of a political organization that is occupying the national limelight before being capable of producing a cogent and coherent political platform?

Oh well. It looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree for the day, and wait for time to reveal who is correct. Enjoy your protest.
Alph

Postby Tinker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:25 pm

US Marine Scott Olsen is in the hospital with a skull fracture from a bean bag round fired in Oakland.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:11 pm

So Oakland was like Cairo last night, and from what I am hearing from my wife in Vancouver they are gearing up to move on Occupy Vancouver.
Tinker

Postby AzariLoveIran » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Folks , I know it sound like that guy in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

but

be fair

don't you think Iran had any "inspiration" into OWS ? ?

:lol:

Arab uprising, American Joe upraising, (soon) African uprising

"paper tiger" sticker sticks

:D

AzariLoveIran

Postby AzariLoveIran » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:20 pm

AzariLoveIran

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:33 am

Conservative philosophy triumphant. John Boner a genius, belongs on Mt. Rushmore. Crashtech and others owe him an apology.

Democrats will dismantle the New Deal for us. What a great time to be alive.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:35 am

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:39 am

Is that a threat or a promise? :P
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:41 am

Tinker

Postby monster_gardener » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:48 am

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby Alph » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:36 am

Alph

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:04 am

The word protest should be reclaimed.

Protest has a negative and positive meaning to it, to object and to solemnly testify, bear witness to, be a declaration of....

I know that derivation is not meaning, but the development of a word’s meaning can often provide insight into the development of ideas.

But I wonder how it became regarded as a "statement of disapproval" which is implied in protest but so against the roots of the word.

What I do know is that it didn't begin to mean solely dissent and rejection until the civil rights era.

Which, diachronistically looking back, is rather insidious as it sets every protest in terms of the ruling will.

Blacks, being low (no?) status, weren't testifying or declaring but rejecting and dissenting from the order as dictated.

It is a beguiling way to stifle any sort of opposition.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby the glowing carp » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:10 am

The filth is doing a great job of ensuring Occupy expands and maintains it's rage.

I like how this vision is just not on any mainstream media from what I've seen, just goes to show that all media has an agreement with the Man, they are allowed to operate as long as they don't show the man acually hurting people.

What really happened>

Wash. post is so pandering it looks like it's done for Tony Soprano.

None of this violence is making it to Australian tv reinforcing the fact we are the 52'nd state.

Interesting to see that the MIC is deploying newly developed sound weaponry on it's own citizens, how you like the MIC now Mr P? when your own people are the target.
better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:17 am

GC, this is Democrat on Democrat activity, I don't have anything to do with it. These are Democrat controlled cities, these are Democrat PDs. They don't want to me to have any part of it. So I don't. I have to respect other cultures.

The lack of media coverage and the Democrat PD behavior I read as an embarrassment that Democrats have toward their own. Very reminiscent of Chicago 1968.

Democrats are pretty ruthless when it comes down to it. Do NOT cross the Dem establishment.

Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:34 am

lol, Republicans like Cain have been so supportive of Occupy and wouldn't be throwing smoke bombs if they were Mayor.

What this violence reveals is that when it gets down to it both Democrats and Republicans are fronts for the MIC.
Last edited by the glowing carp on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:38 am

Well what we know is what the Democrats will do for sure, which is SWAT teams and tear gas. So it is what it is.

Mr. Perfect

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events