[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Occupy Wall Street

Occupy Wall Street

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

Re: Occupy Wall Street

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:42 pm

To elaborate.
I am not suggesting that OWS start shooting cops in response to tear gas and police brutality.
Rather I was making a general observation about the two effective options, peaceful and violent, for regime change.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:50 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:53 pm

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:04 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Ibrahim » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:07 pm

Ibrahim

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Tinker

Postby Ibrahim » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Ibrahim

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Scott Olsen is brain-damaged. Basically, he's now the Gabby Giffords of the Occupation. He was brain damaged by police. If people start to die, it will inevitably spark an insurgency. And I think all of this, "These people are on the right, and those people are on the left.", notions. The idea that there aren't hippies who can shoot hair off of a gnats balls and harbor a serious grudge against bankers is naive at best. Mr. Perfect thinks that the camo crowd is unique in a way that the tie-die crowd isn't. He doesn't know how much cross-over there actually is.

OWS is a peaceful movement thus far, and I hope it stays that way. But if people want to believe it's a bunch of incompetent hippies running this, then they are fine to remain delusional. When you talk to me about these people, I know who a lot of them are, I know who the people are in specific and I see some very highly capable professional people out here.
Tinker

White Trash, Wall Street and Drugs..........

Postby monster_gardener » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:07 pm

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:29 pm

http://ivaw.org/

Iraq Veterans Against the War.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:37 pm

A Veteran Commits Suicide Every 80 Minutes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/0 ... lp00000009
Tinker

Postby Ibrahim » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Ibrahim

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:45 am

What I find un-endingly hilarious is that a protest movement supposedly against Banks/1% has devolved into a war on working class cops who work for Democrat mayors. Working class Democrats on Democrats. Love it. Chicago 1968 will be barmitzvah in comparison.

These fleabaggers are the most dysfunctional political movement that I can think of. May they last forever.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Ibrahim » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:58 am

Anybody have any actual data on the voting patterns of riot police? No doubt they are a bunch of tax-and-spend progressives.

None of this matters of course, political party affiliation is meaningless in this context. The role of soldiers and police is to protect the social order. People trying or compelled to upset that order have to go through and/or convert the police in order to achieve their aims. The %1 (or people pretending to belong to this class online) will hide behind the police regardless of how they vote.
Ibrahim

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:03 am

Hey Ibrahim, reading my posts again. What a surprise.

I remember very well Abu Graib, where the left set the standard that anything done by the military in a faraway dungeon is a direct result of direct orders from President Bush, who should be held directly responsible.

This should count 4 fold for these Democrat mayors, who have protestors at their doorstep and are only 2-3 people removed from direct contact with the front line cops. All these cities with the brutality issues are Democrat run (mayors). That is where the buck stops even by Democrat standards.

These are Democrat on Democrat issues. 1968 Chicago all over again.

Loving it.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby Ibrahim » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:06 am

Ibrahim

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:24 am

No you wouldn't. :lol: :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Postby Simple Minded » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:19 am

Simple Minded

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:28 am

Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:50 am

better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:15 am

Mr. Perfect

Postby AzariLoveIran » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:56 am

AzariLoveIran

Postby Tinker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:22 am

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:31 am

Tinker

This warms my heart

Postby Tinker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:53 am

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events