[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Congo Election Protests

Congo Election Protests

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

Congo Election Protests

Postby Tinker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:26 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Re: Congo Election Protests

Postby Tinker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Imagine as a 5 year old your Mother being raped in front of you, imagine your Father being raped in front of you. Then imagine your Father's genitals being cut off and your Mother being forced to eat it.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Re: Congo Election Protests

Postby Ibrahim » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:43 pm

The fact that things in the Congo are so bad is precisely how the world justifies ignoring it.

I also believe there is implicit racism in the way people view it. Look at the improvements, nay transformation, Colombia has undergone in the last 15 years. But that couldn't happen in the Congo because... you know... better just wall it off.

There are a number of Congolese Catholics in Ottawa, and they have taken over a disused church to for worship and a community center, and a number of them or their children study at the Catholic seminary here. The seem like lovely people to me. Maybe some retrograde ideas about homosexuals and the extent of women's rights, but I'm used to that from Turkish and Latin communities as well.
Ibrahim

Return to Current Events