[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Rick Perry 2012

Rick Perry 2012

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

Re: Rick Perry 2012

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:02 am

Sure, they can opt out. And Perry's advocacy of the policy, even though it's an evangelic landmine and will put him on the wrong side of his own creed, has nothing at all to do with the campaign contributions. It isn't even about the vaccine. It's about another sellout Texan. At least this one is actually Texan this time, I guess.

Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Ibrahim » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Ibrahim

Postby Tinker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:10 am

Evangelicals would vote for Satan if he prayed loud enough.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:23 am

I guess he just doesn't pray loud enough.

I always love this Mussolini face though.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:26 am

Well I have to say that I will give R Perry a C+ out of the gate. He certainly did not take himself out of it, but I will say he could have done better.

My assessment is that I like his statements on entitlements, GM, and I would trust him with Supreme Court picks. He needs to be a little more upbeat and his alpha male gesturing was rather uncomfortable, you can't force that stuff. I think the HPV thing is unfair, he admitted it was a mistake. Everybody talks about how politicians should admit their mistakes but never forgive them when they do. Oh well.

Eg, I DO NOT trust Romney on Supreme Court picks. At all. For me the difference may come down to that issue. Or if the TSA grope thing comes up. I could vote for Satan on that.

So I still pick Ron Paul #1, Perry probably 2nd although lower, Romney 3rd. I think Ron P still has a chance, it's about getting lucky on the back 9 Sunday afternoon. Perry and Romney could do each other a lot of damage with Paul as the beneficiary. A late entrance of Palin could do the same thing. Palin/Romney/Perry could split that bunch by 3 with Paul getting a plurality since he won't lose any support to Palin or the other two.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:11 am

Rick Perry on how the God of Abraham made it rain so much so that Perry could not leave his parents farm to work elsewhere, the ego on this guy is stratospheric, probably not far off the size of Hitler's. Lucky Perry is nowhere near as smart, though no doubt there are others such as Rumsfeld who can feed his ego and manipulate him to keep the Neocon dream alive to destroy the planet and bring back their first Imam.
better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:43 pm

I was wondering how many posts it would take in this thread until was invoked.

Now we know.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:00 pm

ok I'll change it to his obviously massive ego is comparable to Il Duce's.

If America votes in somebody insane enough to think that rain storms were created so as to stop him from working somewhere then anything can happen, such delusions of grandeur are so often found in the likes of Hitler, Mussolini, Ceaucesku, Kim Jong il etc.
the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:46 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:05 pm

the glowing carp

Postby Demon of Undoing » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:52 pm

This guy, for whatever fault he has, is no different than the bulk of Texicans that have no problem positing that God works mighty miracles just to influence the individual beleiver's walk. Personal conversations, changing big events in small ways for the convenience and edification of the individual believer happens all the time. This is the "Jesus is my buddy" crew, and there is almost no end to the imaginings of what backflips the eternal God will do in order to bring meaning and direction in their lives.

Such a belief is unremarkable because it's as common as dirt.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Ibrahim » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Ibrahim

Postby the glowing carp » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:10 am

the glowing carp

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:05 am

Hay bales? Seriously?

Fuck, I need to drink more.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:07 am

I think GC, you are rather unfamiliar with the USA.

Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:06 am

the glowing carp

Postby Tinker » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Rick Perry was in my neighborhood trying to court wealthy Dominicans. It was supposed to be a secret meeting but got blown up by Charlie Rangel, and there was press there. One of my best friends is a political photographer and shoots a lot of local politics, it was two blocks from his house so he was there. When I see the footage, I'll link some of it. It sounded like a boondoggle, with one of the wealthy idiot local politicos claiming to represent latinos nationwide saying it's tough to raise a family of 4 on $ 175,000 per year, even though the vast majority of hispanics, especially in this district in MANHATTAN, make nowhere near that.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:05 am

The more these dolts complain about how hard it is to get by on $175000 a year the more chance Obama has of kicking Republican arse next year, one was on FOX the other day saying how hard it is to get by on $400000, such a disonnect can only turn Independants away.

the glowing carp

Postby monster_gardener » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 pm

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
It's time to set my demons free
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby the glowing carp » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:40 am

the glowing carp

Postby Tinker » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:12 pm

I am finding myself having more respect for Rick Perry as time goes by. Still don't want him to be President, but I have more respect for him than I did before.
Tinker

Postby Ibrahim » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Ibrahim

Postby Hoosiernorm » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:25 pm

I can never think of anything witty to put into a signature.
Hoosiernorm

PreviousNext

Return to American Electoral Politics