[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - The Corporate State Wins Again

The Corporate State Wins Again

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

Re: The Coporate State Wins Again

Postby noddy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:53 am

which is why i cant trust myself about pleasant thoughts of a financial collapse that cut that ugly bastards legs right out from under him.

pessimism is optimism. the new double think.
noddy

Postby CgDs » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:59 pm

CgDs

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:39 pm

I have seen something like this that they wanted to put up in Haiti, but never heard what happened to the idea. I can't see it catching on in the US. Maybe after more wealth leaves the populace.

Thx for the vid. May have just found a compromise between a cave( my idea) and an RV( the wife's idea) for a home when the kids leave.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Even if Americans lost a lot of wealth we'd still not be living in shacks like that because larger houses are abundant.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Demon of Undoing

Postby CgDs » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:11 pm

CgDs

Postby Tinker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:22 am

I'm going to build geodesic domes and bury them. Then I can have a big house and still have very low energy costs.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby noddy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:17 am

unf, yay for being in australia and having the strictest building codes known to man.

spose i need to get orf my arse and start fighting the local council.

--edit--

actually, before the council comes the missus, she sure does love her "stuff"

and CD, loving the wooden hobbit home one - couldnt make that work in my area, unless i got alot of explosives... hmm.
Last edited by noddy on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
noddy

Postby Simple Minded » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:26 am

Simple Minded

Postby rednblacklumberjack » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:59 pm

with a hat to match
rednblacklumberjack

Postby Tinker » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:28 pm

ultimately hacking the corporate state is going to be the normal mode of survival.

I really am uncertain of whether or not our political categories and modes of political action are not simply obsolete.

I think the biodiversity die-off will result in the full techno-state where the entire eco-system will be a managed system of technology as the old biological order dies off to be replaced by the new technological one. Not to say that I imagine we'll be living in gleaming steel and plastic from sea to shining sea, but our notion of 'nature' will be akin to Central Park, a completely managed biome where any sort of biological ecology will essentially be a homeostatic zoo and not a naturally occurring phenomenon.

If anyone is interested in using this space to create a system of instructions on how to setup shelf corporations and other uses of technology, I could be inspired to actually get the content management system up and running for that purpose.
Tinker

Postby rednblacklumberjack » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:06 pm

I'd love to see a Corporate-craft Wiki illuminate such obscure recipes!

This reminds me of Philip Bobbitt's "Market State," but I think his model assumed states would remain more powerful, rather than as intermediaries between oligarchs. He needed a dash more Alex Jones to push his vision closer to reality, at the very least. And I don't even like Alex Jones, but he does test a hot wire that's methodically ignored by everyone else.

He did have a globalist version of New Oaksterdam to his credit.
with a hat to match
rednblacklumberjack

Postby Tinker » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Can you expand on that. I don't really understand what you're saying.
Tinker

Postby rednblacklumberjack » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Sorry, that was poorly put on my part.

I remember Bobbitt arguing human affairs will lead us to a place where the health of a market matters more to a state than the health of the nation. I think we've heard this one before: borders and legitimacy blur as sovereignty is challenged by global norms, global communications, new tools etc.

What worries me is where the limits of my previous imagination meets today's news. I worry that there's a class of civilian servants of the MIC who've cultivated knacks at making money off the extent to which you can justify violating human rights. Its no longer that we merely have a Faustian bargain where we profit from making war on competitor nations. Now we have a growing global market for less-than-war military technologies. The state wants constant, ambient information and an interface with the coercion deliverables. I'm picturing states like Burma and North Korea as the innovators our leaders are looking to for white papers.

I think the most scary idea is realizing there are zero limits, save for when your prisoner dies and the organs expire. You think theocracies were the worst humanity could do? Perhaps you should be patient.

Hate thinking like this btw, but it seems obvious to me. :\
with a hat to match
rednblacklumberjack

Postby skyhook77sfg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:11 pm

REDNBLACK

big confirmation your conclusion

looks like negative outcome most probable

there's a little wiggle room in that for maybe not

not much

but some

eh?
skyhook77sfg

Postby skyhook77sfg » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:32 pm

In order to further its goals, the Right has successfully created a narrative in which “big government, unions and public employees are bankrupting the country and killing jobs.” We need to shift that narrative to: “Wall Street, multinational corporations and the super-rich are bankrupting governments and communities, shipping away jobs, foreclosing our homes, destroying the middle class and threatening our children’s future.”

Until we break this corporate stranglehold, we will have no money to solve state budget crises. Given the skads of money that corporate interests pump into politics, without a demand from the streets, politicians think that they cannot champion policies that would hurt their “friends.” In state after state, Democrats will make massive cuts to services and public employee jobs like their Republican counterparts—they just won’t demand an end to collective bargaining on top of it. And absent a strategy of escalating and dramatic actions that expose the wrongdoing of corporations and the uber-rich that got us into this mess, we are trapped in a strategy that depends on politicians to rein in the very corporations they are in thrall to.

Corporations are creating an environment that is favorable to them but harmful to most Americans. Our job is to figure out how to turn this scenario on its head, to decrease their security so we can win greater opportunity and security for the rest of us, lifting the bottom, growing the middle and holding the top in check—just as we did for most of the 20th century.

Creating massive insecurity for Wall Street, corporations and the super-rich is a precondition for fixing the economy and country. There can be no new “social contract,” no “new New Deal,” no comprehensive legislation that allows workers to organize and no limits to corporate power as long as corporate CEOs feel insulated from the suffering they cause.

At first blush this sounds a little crazy. It runs counter to the message many economists and politicians bombard us with every day in the media. Their claim is that businesses aren’t investing, jobs aren’t being created and the housing market isn’t stabilizing because the corporate community needs greater certainty and predictability. These same people would argue that Obama and the Democrats need to be more business-friendly. Yet, Corporate America already has record profits and cash on hand. In short: the best of all worlds.

They know far better than we do that their hold on power is dependent on our acquiescence to their false premises and pseudo-free market ideology. Therefore we must directly challenge them in the streets so that they have more to lose by ignoring the public interest than by accepting real change.

http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/720 ... e_streets/
skyhook77sfg

Postby Demon of Undoing » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:51 am

Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Tinker

Postby skyhook77sfg » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:54 pm

BRAZEN SELF DEALING CHUTZPAH

ETHICS COMMITTEE WAKE UP

VIRGINIA DA GET TO WORK

CROOKS DONT ALWAYS USE GUNS
skyhook77sfg

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:13 pm

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: The Corporate State Wins Again

Postby Colonel Sun » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:41 am

Data: OECD, US OMB
Last edited by Colonel Sun on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Re: The Corporate State Wins Again

Postby skyhook77sfg » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:09 am

Thank you Col Sun for graphically pointing out the reality of the American corporate state.

Note

All upper and lower case as defined by Marquess of Megaphone rules
skyhook77sfg

Previous

Return to American Electoral Politics