[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Guns Thread

Guns Thread

This is for discussions of things that are not exactly philosophical in nature, but just descriptive of things that go on in the real world.

Moderator: YMix

Re: Guns Thread

Postby noddy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:22 am

noddy

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:48 am

Seein this guy's getup tells me everything I need to know about his goofy ass.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:58 am

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Demon of Undoing » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:18 pm

I wouldn't mind being pressed into a hot .357 hollowpoint for home defense. I'd be more use to my wife that way than with the current plan ( bear food).

Guy in cartoon made a justified shoot ( in Florida) that will ruin him in civil court.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Colonel Sun » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Demon of Undoing » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:11 pm

Never quite got the " chicks with guns" thing.

If I am going to watch women with power tools, I'll watch this.

Demon of Undoing

Postby Colonel Sun » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Sennacherib » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:56 am

Berdan was a prolific designer of rifles for the United States, Russia, Spain, and probably other countries as well. It all started with the need for sharpshooter rifles in the American Civil War:

Our aim is victory — victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
—Winston Churchill
Sennacherib

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:11 am

Demon of Undoing

Postby Sennacherib » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Our aim is victory — victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
—Winston Churchill
Sennacherib

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:01 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Darwin nominee.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:23 pm

What type of rifle is that?
Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Demon of Undoing » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:42 pm

Demon of Undoing

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:57 am

10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Demon of Undoing » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:29 am

Demon of Undoing

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:52 pm

I'm no gun expert, but doesn't that thing wobble way too much when it is fired?

That guy could put an eye out!
10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Colonel Sun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Colonel Sun » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Finally decided to cross the Rubicon. I'm building an AR15. I just can't get away from it. The conjunction between ubiquity, performance, known unknowns and cost has finally made it such that, for what I do shooting-wise, an AR just makes sense.

So, this month I am getting a stripped lower receiver from , and with it all the bits and pieces. Actually, ordering with two other guys at the same time so it gets shipped together. After that, we go after the upper receiver group. I may cheat and buy a complete upper- not sure I want to mess with staking gas tubes and whatnot. But that, a bolt carrier group and some lube, and we're done. All tolled, building in the configuration I want and doing the work myself, I can save about $250-300.

This is what it will look like when finished.

The basic black one, not the sand-colored faggotry. What am I, in Iraq or something?

The "male Barbie" aspect has kept me away from it for a long, long time. But I was just reading a story about a guy that had to defend himself from charges of being a hipster because he was smoking a pipe. Never mind that he had been smoking one for years. I've been smoking a pipe since the first Bush administration( as long as we expand our understanding of what "pipes" means in this context). Fuck hipsters, and fuck Barbie, too. Bitch never drove me to Malibu...
Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:42 pm

I kind of like the sand colored one.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:52 am

Well the reality is that the AR has a whole lot of utility. I gripe about it all the time but I have to admit I have put more rounds through mine than any other gun I have, so that says quite a lot. I never had the barbie hang up though. I have plenty of other hang ups, but just not that one.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Sparky » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:13 pm

Sparky

PreviousNext

Return to Reality