CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fail

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fail

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:12 am

Well epic backfire, nothing like trying to throw a bucket of blood on your opposition, or enemies as Obama might say, and have it end up all over yourself. I mean if you're going to blood libel, hopefully you get some traction out of it. Apparently not this time.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47695.html

Most Americans have not changed their views on gun control following the shooting nine days ago in Tucson, according to a CNN/Opinion Research poll out Monday.

Sixty-nine percent of those polled said the shooting that left six dead and injured 13, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), has not changed their opinion on gun control. Twenty-eight percent said the shooting has made them “more likely” to support stricter controls on the sale of firearms, while 3 percent were “less likely.”


Now to avoid confusion, I would bet dollars that the 28% supported it already and this poll wasn't done very well.

Former Alaska GOP Gov. Sarah Palin was widely vindicated in the poll for posting a map on her PAC’s website last year showing cross-hairs on Gifford’s district, as well as the district of 19 other members. Some on the left pointed the finger at Palin following the shooting, but only 35 percent of those polled said Palin deserves any blame. Fifty-nine percent said she deserves little or no blame.

I guess that settles that. I guess the debate is over, as Al Gore would say.

The leading target for blame in the poll was resources available to deal with mental illness. Seventy percent of respondents said that issue deserves blame for the incident.

Now this is a real problem. Which party just got done spending oceans of new dollars and failed to provide any "resources" to prevent murder? Ouch.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Change is coming

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby  ~  » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 am

Of course she doesn't deserve any blame for the Gifford Massacre. She's incapable of the level of creativity required to draw a map. Or a scope reticle, for that matter.
I split because Tinker has edited and deleted many of my posts.
 ~ 
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 am

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:25 am

You could be right. Her creativity seems to limited to having the left give her countless millions in free publicity that she can then convert into cold hard cash, counted also in many millions.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Change is coming

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby  ~  » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:42 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:You could be right. Her creativity seems to limited to having the left give her countless millions in free publicity that she can then convert into cold hard cash, counted also in many millions.



Indeed, there's an idea floating for Dems to register as Republicans to vote for her in the primaries in the hope she'll get the nomination and be stupid enough to debate Obama on national television.


Doesn't seem too far fetched.... ;)
I split because Tinker has edited and deleted many of my posts.
 ~ 
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 am

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:46 am

That's if she is still alive. The left seems to really want a dead body.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... nted-level
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Change is coming

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby  ~  » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:52 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:That's if she is still alive. The left seems to really want a dead body.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... nted-level" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Reads like a press release from the Palin Campaign...
And to assume the majority of those self-reported threats stem from the Left seems unwarranted. LOL, The Left wants her to run and get the nomination.
I split because Tinker has edited and deleted many of my posts.
 ~ 
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 am

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:57 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Change is coming

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby  ~  » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:00 am



Apparently some Alaskans still hold a little grudge...
I split because Tinker has edited and deleted many of my posts.
 ~ 
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 am

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:02 am

No, but what difference would it make?

http://www.google.com/search?q=palin+ef ... =firefox-a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Change is coming

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby  ~  » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:37 am

Yeah, some folks in Los Anchorage really don't like the way she pours it on....


Image
Last edited by  ~  on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I split because Tinker has edited and deleted many of my posts.
 ~ 
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 am

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:38 am

Image
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Change is coming

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:40 am

 ~  wrote:Yeah, some folks in Los Anchorage really don't like the way she cut and run....

Why would you say that?
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Change is coming

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby  ~  » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:44 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
 ~  wrote:Yeah, some folks in Los Anchorage really don't like the way she cut and run....

Why would you say that?


Because they are some of the most familiar with her and her commitment to public service...

Image
I split because Tinker has edited and deleted many of my posts.
 ~ 
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 am

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:52 am

The church was burned before she cut and run...

I don't think politics is for you.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Change is coming

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby  ~  » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:26 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:The church was burned before she cut and run...

I don't think politics is for you.


Certainly not yours and Sarah's... She's too stupid and you seem to think you earned everything good you got.


Image
I split because Tinker has edited and deleted many of my posts.
 ~ 
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 am

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Did you earn every good thing I got?
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
User avatar
Mr. Perfect
 
Posts: 5444
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 am
Location: Change is coming

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Ibrahim » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Moderator: could we move these US politics threads into the US politics subforum?
Ibrahim
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby  ~  » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Good point.
I split because Tinker has edited and deleted many of my posts.
 ~ 
 
Posts: 1301
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 am

Re: CNN poll: Effort to slime Palin/change gun laws total fa

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Ibrahim wrote:Moderator: could we move these US politics threads into the US politics subforum?


Seconded.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
User avatar
Colonel Sun
 
Posts: 6553
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:38 am


Return to American Electoral Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Install phpBB web hosting