[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - And here comes polygamy

And here comes polygamy

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

And here comes polygamy

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:52 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Re: And here comes polygamy

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:58 am

Good to hear, liberty is on its way.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:19 am

Watch the GM people stifle it in it's crib.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:28 am

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:36 am

Who cares. Set up family corporations, live with Elephant Man clones. I got bigger fish to fry than who you bone. If you are willing to be savaged frim multiple angles in divorce court, be my guest.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:40 am

Tinker

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:42 am

To whom do the children belong?
Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:50 am

Tinker

Postby AzariLoveIran » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:30 pm

I do not understand western mindset

@the same time, one can have multiple girlfriends, even live with them (simultaneously), have children with multiple girlfriends and and and

all legal & accepted, normal in western daily life, openly

but if one weds them in civil ceremony, suddenly it becomes a crime

polygamy exists in east and west

only difference is, in east, it's honestly, in west, dishonestly

AzariLoveIran

Re: polygamy

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Bigamy is having one wife too many.

Monogamy is the same.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Re: polygamy

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:49 pm

Demon of Undoing

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:53 pm

I just don't want the law to interfere in my inevitable partnership with Salma Hayek, Scarlet Johansen and Steve Buscemi.

What?
Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Azari is on point.

This is one of those issues where I bristle when someone tells me this is a free country. The number of fundamental rights that I *DON'T* have in this country outweigh the freedoms that I do have.

In a free country I would be able to eat mushroom caps at a gay polygamist wedding. In a free country this would just be accepted, we wouldn't even be discussing whether or not it should be legal. If we are having the discussion at all, that's how you can tell it's not a free country.

If I don't have the right to eat what I want, or enter into a family relationship arrangement with whoever I want, how am I free? That's the most fundamental and basic rights imaginable. The right to control my own body, and the right to enter into relationships with other people as I want. That's the very foundation of freedom. The rest of my rights are built on that foundation. Either I am sovereign over myself or I am not. If I am sovereign, then I am free, if I am not, then I am not free. Which is it?
Tinker

Postby NapLajoieonSteroids » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:21 pm

I've been posting too many videos, but how can you talk about bigamy without Groucho Marx:

NapLajoieonSteroids

Postby Hans Bulvai » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
It's time to set my demons free
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Tinker

Postby monster_gardener » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:17 pm

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby Hans Bulvai » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby AzariLoveIran » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:28 pm

AzariLoveIran

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Polygamy will likely be legal by 2050.
Tinker

Postby Apollonius » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Apollonius

Postby Apollonius » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:47 pm

A recent Supreme Court ruling in Canada allows, in effect, any number of marriage partners, as long as there are no children. As soon as children are part of the family, bigamy laws come into effect.

This seems eminently sensible to me.
Apollonius

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:59 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Hans Bulvai » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Next