[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - I hate being right

I hate being right

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

Re: I hate being right

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 pm

This has nothing to do with Nature, it is just a rule of Debate, your ignorance of this rule is non-exculpatory.
better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:53 pm

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:43 am

I'm doing a Accounting degree and Law is a subject. :)
the glowing carp

World sinks into denial

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:31 am

Only the New Zealand Herald, the Independant, Daily Mail, Times of India and American Scientist ran this story.
the glowing carp

Re: World sinks into denial

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:15 am

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:34 am

With Kilometer wide Geysers of Methane erupting into the Atmosphere one has to wonder the mental state of those not concerned.....oh I get it, this is another part of the Conspiracy!

ps: even the Cat knows it is stupid.
the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:54 am

Numeracy counts for all amounts.
Last edited by Colonel Sun on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because

Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:32 am

What is non-numerical about a Kilometer wide Geyser? do you not understand the volume of Methane just one of those things is releasing?

If a large Meteorite is heading to Earth would you only accept it as a danger if you knew the exact weight of it?

My question is how come you haven't been hit by a Train yet if you only Numerically validate danger?
the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:52 am

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:06 am

Utter Bullshit, the weight of the Iceberg that sunk the Titanic was not specifically known.

This is reaching Absurdism.
the glowing carp

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:15 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Demon of Undoing » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:39 pm

When can we expect this apocalypse? Because if it's in this calendar year, I'm not going to bother moving to that place over by the beach that I've been thinking of. The beach can come to me.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:50 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Last edited by the glowing carp on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the glowing carp

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:31 pm

the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:12 am

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:35 am

Sorry that should be Shakhova et al (2008).

Right now the gas is evacuating from cavities, once the gas has fully evacuated relatively warm sea water will fill the cavities and melt Clathrates.
the glowing carp

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:57 am

So, reduced sunlight, high sea levels, massive storms and significant dieoff?

When do we get to the down sides?
Demon of Undoing

Postby the glowing carp » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:59 am

It's not all bad, no more Traffic.
the glowing carp

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:45 am

Demon of Undoing

Postby rednblacklumberjack » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:54 pm

with a hat to match
rednblacklumberjack

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:43 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby rednblacklumberjack » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:38 pm

RE: LEDs

I thought there were proven applications of LEDs in large scale agriculture. I know there's evidence that you can utilize LEDs to produce specific wavelengths of light that trigger specific responses in plant biology. I know this was observed in seedling stages at the least. Do they not produce enough energy to make fruit, basically?
with a hat to match
rednblacklumberjack

Postby rednblacklumberjack » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Is that moreso the epic venting to worry about?
with a hat to match
rednblacklumberjack

Postby the glowing carp » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:25 pm

the glowing carp

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events