[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - I hate being right

I hate being right

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

I hate being right

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:15 am

Ever since the old Spengler Forum I said that a Methane Burp from under the Siberian Sea would result in our extinction, it has now properly begun.

plumes a Kilometre wide are now bursting into the Atmosphere.
better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Re: I hate being right

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:19 am

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:21 am

the glowing carp

Postby crashtech » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:28 am

It will be interesting to see what happens!
crashtech

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:41 am

Indeed, I am now formulating my survival plan. I have family that live atop a rural hill, in a great Strategic position, free from any radical Sea level rise, limitless safe water and defensible from the ravenous hordes. The initial stage is to start stock piling non-perishable food, Clothing and all the usual, then Fortification, procurement of Coal and construction of a Steam engine to drive a generator for Electricity. I choose Coal because it is non-explosive, non-liquid, thus presents no safety or leakage risk. A steam engine is preferable as it is robust, repairable with basic machining skills and equipment.
the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:06 am

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:14 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:21 am

the glowing carp

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:24 am

the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:03 am

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:15 am

Previous data is irrelevant as the Plume has only increased in the last 2 months.
the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:22 am

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:43 am

How old are you?
the glowing carp

Postby Ibrahim » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:45 am

Is this tied in to any American pastor's end-of-the-world prediction? "The Bible Guarantees It"

Mayan calendar?
Ibrahim

Postby lzzrdgrrl » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:47 am

Stewie wants to fight the Colonel....... again....... :geek: ........
lzzrdgrrl

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:48 am

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:50 am

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 am

The question is what will we do when the rupture straight up runs into the rapture. Surely at that point we'll be doomed.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:00 am

the glowing carp

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:29 pm

I guess Col Sun believes the quarter pounder solution may be applicable even on such a large scale. :D

Seriously though, what is methane a catalyst for? Obviously a drilling operation may be practical only at the outskirts of the field but could a plant requiring methane as a catalyst be brought in to produce methaline chloride or utilize this uncontrolled methane release into something productive?
10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Mebbe. But I'm guessing kilometers of diffuse release will require mucho purification before it becomes LP gas. I would prefer shallow wells on the periphery producing a cleaner far and a more predictable product.

Maybe it could be a location for an ammonium chloride manufacturing facility. I don't know - sheer speculation here. But a methane rich atmosphere might be useful for a more obscure application.
10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Last edited by the glowing carp on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the glowing carp

Postby the glowing carp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 pm

the glowing carp

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Because

Colonel Sun

Next

Return to Current Events