[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - "All-American Muslim" television show

"All-American Muslim" television show

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

"All-American Muslim" television show

Postby AzariLoveIran » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:23 am

AzariLoveIran

Re: "All-American Muslim" television show

Postby the glowing carp » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 am

Zealots at work.
better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:26 pm

I'll continue to shop at Lowe's.

I saw the show last night on you tube for the first time ever. And it will be the last time.
They lost me at the dude praying in shorts.

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
It's time to set my demons free
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Tinker » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:43 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:46 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby anderson » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:47 pm

anderson

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Tinker » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:51 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Colonel Sun » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Last edited by Colonel Sun on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Tinker » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:00 pm

I bet Muslims probably shop most at the hardware store that is the closest to their house.

But I bet Lowes lost more of the self-righteous Liberal and Muslim market than they retained of the self-righteous redneck market.
Tinker

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:20 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Tinker » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:24 pm

On the Daily Show they had a representative of Lowes saying they did it to avoid controversy. Someone in Lowes marketing department is a moron.
Tinker

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:47 pm

This is so much bullshit. Just some lame interest group claiming to represent "Christianity" trying to throw their non-existent weight around.

If drywall is 25cents a square cheaper at Lowe's Muslim remodelers will line up.
10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Ibrahim » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:54 am

Going to have to disagree with anyone saying that Little Mosque on the Prairie is funny, but it does exist certainly. And I indirectly help pay for it, so I'm glad people like it.

Lowe's screwed up. Always do nothing in this circumstances. Any action you take ads fuel to the fire. WalMart is smarter in this regard, they just keep their mouths shut. The critics of the reality show sounded like complete retards to me, but the show itself looked boring and terrible, so... win-win?
Ibrahim

Postby Hans Bulvai » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Colonel Sun » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:17 pm

A big surprise to me when I first arrived in the US was the homogeneity and the cultural pressure to conform.

Not as intense as, say, Japan, but still surprisingly strong. At least to me given my preconceptions.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Demon of Undoing » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:40 pm

"Why you gotta be so differnt? Ain't my culture and values good enough fer you?!?!???!??".
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Ibrahim » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:19 am

Ibrahim

Postby Azrael » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:53 am

mass production / mass consumption

The cog that doesn't fit gets thrown in the scrap pile.

It's our culture now. The rugged individualism of the frontier is long gone. It died with the buffalo.
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
Azrael

Postby Azrael » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:00 am

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
Azrael

Postby Ibrahim » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:54 pm

All I was saying about All American Muslim and Little Mosque on the Prairie was that I didn't find them entertaining shows. My criticism of them is in no way political or philosophical. Plus, everyone would agree that most TV shows are pretty bad.
Ibrahim

Postby Hans Bulvai » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:18 am

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Return to Current Events