[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Nigeria

Nigeria

Keep us apprised of what is going on in our world.

Moderator: YMix

Nigeria

Postby Apollonius » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Apollonius

Re: Nigeria

Postby Ibrahim » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Ibrahim

Postby Tertulian » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Actually, Boko Haram is another manifestation of the Muslim tendency for violent upheaval in Nigeria. this sort of violence in which Muslims descend in violent rage against their unsuspecting neighbors have been going on since the 1940s long before Nigeria became independent in 1960. Googling Muslim violence in Nigeria will shed more light on this sort of behavior in which a certain group believes that the use of violence is the way to get their way. The culmination of this sort of rage for indecency was the Biafran war that led to the starvation of millions of Christian Eastern Nigerians by the largely Muslim military dictatorship in Nigeria.

It is silly to attribute the violence of Boko Haram to poverty and unemployment as if those are mainly present in the Muslim North of Nigeria. Rather, it is caused by the realization of the Muslim elite in Northern Nigeria that under the rule of democracy, of one person one vote that the possibility of a Muslim Northerner becoming the president of Nigeria is greatly diminished and the gravy train of gaining access to the public treasury to run their bazaar politics of corruption and bribery is also reduced. As for the oil wealth it is shared equitably among Nigeria's 36 states with about 10 percent of the oil revenue going to the six oil producing states in the South of Nigeria.

But this resort to violence should not be surprising to anyone who has been paying attention. It is the Modus Operandi of the Muslim Umma wheresoever they disagree with things that do not favor them or that they consider as haram. It is through the use of terror and violence that they believe for the most part that they can intimidate the opposition. It has always been so since they rushed out of the Arabian desert in the 7th Century.
Tertulian

Postby Tertulian » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Appollonius,

Thanks for this thread. Later today I will post links about the incidences of Muslim violence in Nigeria since the time of British colonial rule. My point of departure will be from the 1940s in which there have been at least 30 of this sort of violent rage and the lack of consideration given to human lives. As I noted earlier, this has nothing to do with poverty seeing that the South of Nigeria that is poor in the same way as the North does not engage in the periodic spilling of the blood of non-believers as the Northern Muslims do.

I can't post links now because I'm in between stations and using my IPhone to access this site.
Tertulian

Postby Ibrahim » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:22 am

Ibrahim

Postby Tertulian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:06 pm

Tertulian

Postby Tertulian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Last edited by Tertulian on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tertulian

Postby Tertulian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Tertulian

Postby Tertulian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Tertulian

Postby Ibrahim » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:55 pm

You'll notice that Tert does not address his original lies, which I exposed with proof in my previous post in this thread.

In his bigotry, he also refuses to address me directly, but simply makes outrageous and unsupported slanders directed at me personally and Muslims generally, betraying the true motivation for his dishonesty.

Tertulian is a proven liar and an immoral person. Will anyone (other than the forum troll) defend this piece of garbage and his shameful conduct? I'd like to see someone try.
Ibrahim

Postby Ibrahim » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:16 am

Ibrahim

Postby Hans Bulvai » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Seems to me that this conflict is more related to the Nigerians themsleves and not religion.
Both the Muslim and Christian Nigerians can be as savage as each other often using the same tactics to attack each other.
Seems that religion, more than anything, is used by the rich and powerful to stoke the flames of hatered between one of the same people.
Pretty uncivilised of the Nigerians as a whole but hey, keeps the oil companies drilling and raping the enviroment and stealing what belongs to Africa.

Maybe instead of pointing fingers at Islam this or that, one needs to reflect.
Seems that the whole nation is prone to violence but lets keep blaming the Muslims as if Nigeria would be a utopia without them.

A simple search shows that there are 371 tribes in Nigeria. I wonder how much of that conflict is attributed to that seperation.

http://www.onlinenigeria.com/tribes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/aug1999/nig-a17.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
It's time to set my demons free
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Ibrahim » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Hans,

Agree with you completely, but special censure should be reserved for Boko Haram. They are a terrorist organization that needs to be targeted aggressively. But intentionally or unintentionally confusing Boko Haram and Nigerian Muslims generally is both factually incorrect and further serves Boko Haram's purposes.

Given the nature of the other incidents of group violence both in the North and South, it seems to be largely motivated by economic exploitation.
Ibrahim

Postby Tertulian » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Tertulian

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:40 am

10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:12 am

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:15 am

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Tertulian » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 am

Nonc,

Are you for real? Anyway, you are free to believe as you do but in the mean time tell me again about this:

Egypt - Persecution: Disappearing Christians of the Middle East ...
Many Copts see the al-Kosheh massacre as the most pernicious and serious
development in the relationship between ordinary Muslims and Christians in
Egypt. ...

www.meforum.org/23/egypt-persecution - Cached - SimilarEgypt: Violence between Islam & Coptic Christians | Washington ...
May 8, 2011 ... Egypt: Violence between Islam & Coptic Christians .... supposedly in response to
a relationship between a Muslim woman and a Christian man. ...

communities.washingtontimes.com/.../egypt.../egypt-violence-between-islam-coptic-christians/ - Cached - SimilarIslamists Target Egypt's Christians | Australian Coptic Movement ...
Jun 1, 2011 ... Australian Copts Calling for Human Rights in Egypt ... were angry about a
relationship between a Muslim woman and a Christian man. ...

www.auscma.com/2011/06/01/islamists-tar ... hristians/ - Cached - SimilarEgypt's sectarian playing field - Opinion - Al Jazeera English
Jun 5, 2011 ... In fact, Egypt is made partly of Muslim Copts and partly of Christian .... in Shubra
has stories about love affairs between Christian and Muslim ...

english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/.../201163904835903.html - Cached - SimilarCopts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Copts are the native Egyptian Christians (Coptic: ⲟⲩⲢⲉⲙ̀ⲛⲭⲏⲙⲓ ..... bloody
inter-religious clashes following a dispute between a Muslim and a Christian. .....
a b c d "Egypt from “U.S. Department of State/Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs”". ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copts - Cached - SimilarIslam's war on the Cross: Egypt's move to democracy under threat ...
Oct 11, 2011 ... An Egyptian Christian holds a cross over the coffins of 17 Copts killed .... for the
deterioration in relations between Islam and Christianity in the ...

www.telegraph.co.uk/.../egypt/.../Islam ... tic-comm... - SimilarEgyptian Copts, reeling from violence, want protection - CNN
May 8, 2011 ... Muslim-Christian sectarian violence intensified in Egypt this weekend, ...
Problems between Egypt's Muslim majority and its Coptic Christian ...

articles.cnn.com/.../egypt.clashes_1_egypt-s-christian-christian-woman-coptic-christian?_... - Cached - SimilarBBC News - Cairo clashes leave 24 dead after Coptic church protest
Oct 9, 2011 ... Yolande Knell describes the scene in Cairo as Coptic Christians mount ...
Sectarian tensions have increased in recent months in Egypt. ... "What is taking
place are not clashes between Muslims and Christians but attempts to ...

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15235212 - Cached - SimilarEgypt promises justice after Copts and Muslims clash in Cairo ...
May 8, 2011 ... Egyptians gather outside a burning church in Cairo. Egypt's government has
promised justice after a clash between Copts and Muslims which ...

www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/.../egypt ... lash-cairo - Cached - SimilarTHE COPTS IN EGYPT AT THE END OF THE 20TH CENTURY
The relationship between the Muslim and the Coptic communities in Egypt is
obviously ... In this study I will use the term "Copt" for all Christian citizens of
Egypt. ...

www.angelfire.com/az/rescon/COPTS.html - Cached - SimilarNews for Relations between Muslim and coptic christians in egypt
Bikya Masr Copts worried about future - 11 hours ago
COPTIC Christians are worried about their future in the new Egypt, as I could see last ... Otherwise, Egypt may be controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood, ...The Australian - 9 related articles »
No Arab Spring for Egypt's Coptic Christians - ‎BP News - 20 related articles »
Tertulian

Postby Tertulian » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 am

Nonc,

I'm sure by your definition that Iraq like Nigeria is also a special case.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010 ... 2_ST_N.htm
Tertulian

Postby Ibrahim » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:47 am

Its not clear how Nonc's factually correct statement about cooperation between Copts and Muslims during the Tahir Square movement is contradicted by any of this.
Ibrahim

Postby Tertulian » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:55 am

Tertulian

Postby AzariLoveIran » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:31 pm

AzariLoveIran

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Tertulian, you are digressing into a screed and posting bigoted third-hand blog entries written by unknown authors that are years old. Get back on topic.

The existence of evil can not be eliminated by human means, but humans can honor and elevate the grace of God when it becomes apparent.

It has always been an honor to be persecuted for believing in Jesus Christ as the incarnation of God on earth. LIve for God, and not for yourself.

“For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.”
(Matt 16:25 ESV
)
10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Hans Bulvai » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:50 pm

What Patrick Poole from Front Page mag, the beacon of honest and unbiased journalism, left out was the other country in the region that also ; .

Pointing out facts is one thing. Spinning them because of a biased agenda is another. Had Mr. Poole pointed out all of the facts I would have had nothing to say. I don't have time to go through the cases he mentioned one by one to verify the accounts. But if true, and I don't deny the existance of such filth directed against Christians, then they represent the same percentage of assholes, probably much less, as the ones in the links above.

The Quran is pretty clear about the place of Christians and Jews in the eyes of God. Jews were specifically his chosen people because at their time no one besides them believed in Him. They are even referred to as such in the Quran along side the Holiness of the Virgin Mary and Jesus. What pockets of Muslims do because of some brainwashed asshole at a preaching pulpit does not represent the whole of Muslims who span across cultures and continents.

A tip of the hat to Nonc Hilaire for being a voice of reason and a true representative of what Christ is all about. You have my utmost respect.
Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby AzariLoveIran » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:46 pm

AzariLoveIran

Next

Return to Current Events