[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - The Saudi Arabia Thread

The Saudi Arabia Thread

Moderator: YMix

The Saudi Arabia Thread

Postby AzariLoveIran » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:04 am

AzariLoveIran

Re: The Saudi Arabia Thread

Postby Hans Bulvai » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:18 am

Couldn't that be a good thing for Iran since it would force the United States to seek a new partner in the region.
ne that is on good terms with the new Iraqi leadership for example?

The only wild card at this point would be Jordan. I hear that 'the King' doesn't stay in Amman much any more.

Speaking of Amman, I heard some interesting things from there very recently. Maybe I will put them inthe Arab world thread.
Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
It's time to set my demons free
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby AzariLoveIran » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 am

AzariLoveIran

Postby Hans Bulvai » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Should be interesting for sure.

Funny how the 'Muslim' American president lost the Muslim world.
I remember telling friends and family that this guy will be worst, no much worst, than W.
They laughed. Not so much last week... :)
Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 pm

That sounds like an empty threat from the Saudis. The Saudis act independently already. The prince mentions a few examples of where the Saudis act in opposition to U.S. policy, such as Iraq and Bahrain. The feelings of the House of Saud shouldn't be a major factor in whether or not the U.S. supports Palestine's U.N. bid.
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
Azrael

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Azrael

Postby Mr. Perfect » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:04 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Hans Bulvai » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Hans Bulvai » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby Tinker » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:28 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Najar » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:16 pm

[quote="Tinker]Except Obama didn't win based on anti-war rhetoric. That's a fallacy. .[/quote]

How do you know that? Is there any exit poll tat says that Obama won due to such and such reasons?

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=36315

"Obama criticized Bush for financing wars off budget. In his first year Obama had a big supplemental-funding bill — another broken promise.

The Afghanistan war has expanded out of control, and the war makes no sense. The government says there are 100 Al-Qaeda members in Afghanistan, and so the troop levels are higher, more people are dying and they want to stamp out the opium trade. They can't even stop people from buying crack four blocks from the White House, not that they should try. This is the most ridiculous war. It's even a more ridiculous war than the Iraq war in terms of the idea behind it.

Meanwhile, Obama is drone-attacking Pakistan. He's expanded this war greatly. One or 2 million Pakistani refugees have had to leave the Swat Valley. It's one of the greatest refugee crises since Rwanda. Obama's bombed Yemen; he's bombed Somalia; he even threatened Eritrea, this tiny little country near Ethiopia, with invasion.

In a normal country, when your government says it might invade another country, people have a clue, but we're at war so much with so many countries no one even knows any of this stuff.

And on Iran, Obama continues to be belligerent when he caught Iran "red-handed" with that Qom nuclear facility. Iran reported that they had this facility that they hadn't really started working on yet, according to the Non-Proliferation Treaty, in which the National Intelligence Estimate, the administration, and the International Atomic Energy Agency all say Iran's basically following the law.

Civil Liberties

Warrantless surveillance has continued, and it's been normalized. The TSA outrages have gotten worse. Now the Left thinks that you're crazy if you oppose the police state, and the Right is finally realizing the federal government shouldn't get to touch us like this.

Detention without charge has continued. Habeas corpus is gutted. Obama was supposed to close Guantanamo within a year; now it looks as if they are never going to close it. And even at their best they'll say we'll have a "Guantanamo Lite" within the United States.

Even when they said they would try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in civil court, the administration's position was We'll try him, and we'll convict him, and if we don't convict him we'll still detain him. So of course the American Right goes crazy because how dare he be soft on terrorism.

Renditioning, this outsourcing of people to be tortured, has continued, at least on some level. In 2009, they renditioned a guy who wasn't even accused of terrorism. He was accused of knowing about supposed fraud related to defense contracting.

So they tied him to a chair; they deprived him of sleep; they told him his family was in danger, that he'll never see them again — all the horrible stuff that happened under Bush, but he was basically a white-collar criminal at worst.

The drone attacks are through the roof; there's robot killing. Bradley Manning, the likely whistleblower with WikiLeaks, has been detained. And Obama used to say his administration would protect whistleblowers. I guess he meant protect them with steel cages.

We have the same basic trajectory on war, on spending, on civil liberties, on foreign policy; the Defense Department is as bloated as ever. People forget that both parties are the same on pretty much everything, and foreign policy maybe more than anything else.

"
Najar

Postby Hans Bulvai » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:16 am

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Saudi regime turning Mecca in to "Las Vegas"

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:19 pm

historic sites for luxury development and to "prevent idolatry".
Azrael

Re: Saudi regime turning Mecca in to "Las Vegas"

Postby AzariLoveIran » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:33 pm

AzariLoveIran

Postby Tinker » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:27 pm

It also unites the Ummah into a cohesive culture based upon networks and relationships built while on pilgrimage.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Re: Saudi regime turning Mecca in to "Las Vegas"

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:44 am

Azrael

Postby Hans Bulvai » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Now I'm far from home
Spending time alone
Been put to the test
My mind laid to rest
I'm on a psycho holiday
Hans Bulvai

Postby AzariLoveIran » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:00 pm