[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

Re: Mitt Romney

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:49 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:35 am

Juno

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:01 am

Ok, this will not be wrapped up tonight. I will type what I can.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:11 am

Juno

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:20 am

Herman Cain could be great but he could be a gigantic backfire too. We have to decide how much in reality we want to be.

Reality: After GWB we're lucky to have a functioning party, let alone 2-3 candidates, let alone this Motley Crue. This was never going to be a bumper crop year for candidates, in fact by all factors we should have a zero chance of winning, but somehow we have a 50-60% chance of winning.

Fantasy: Herman Cain could be a great President.

I'm afraid some liberalism has infected your thinking. Our beliefs are that we are look to ourselves to improve our lot, not toward someone in a faraway capitol who we only know through carefuly crafted media product. That you feel this way is in some ways understandable. When you have someone as great as Ronald Reagan it is really hard to not long for someone like that again, believe me I know the feeling. But the reality is great leaders like that come though once or twice a century, and we don't really get to pick when.

Cain has his faults. He is overly bellicose. Some of his proposals are done on the back of napkins. The sex charges against him are growing thinner by the day but he did not handle them very well. But the point isn't that, the point is the next crisis he has to handle, and the next and the next. Does he always handle them this way? That way ain't gonna work for very long.

I'm not trying to get you to vote against Cain. My vote right now is split between Paul and Cain. But to be thinking "great President" right now is years and years too early. Years and years.

Bottom line, Cain will barely make a dent in your list. Paul would do a little better. In all honesty Romney may do the worst but not by any margin to get excited about.

Like all elections, this is not the final election. Romney winning could tee up a real primary challenge, and I think it likely. Remember, this was not supposed to be a year that we won and here we are looking at it. Looking for a President to solve all our problems is what is going to have our problems kill us. Whether it is Romney, or Paul, or Cain, this is now an era where we the Republican people need to have a zero tolerance policy, no more GWB style years wondering around trying to figure things out. If they don't produce they are gone. Cain, Paul, Perry, whoever. Cain needs to feel the heat as much as Romney would need to.

My vote is split evenly right now between Cain and Paul. Romney, Perry ay down the list, Gingrich dear god I will shoot my own head. But, I think there needs to be some real reality check put into this whole business of give it back to Obama let him screw it all up. That is some real Democrat thinking ala 1968.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:32 am

Juno

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:42 am

And I understand that concern, I have the same concern. GWB and BHO both have cores, and look what happened.

Look, this is a tough choice, a really tough choice. I think throwing in the towel is pretty premature, although admittedly I am considering it. And it is getting to be crunch time.

As for Paul, i am pretty disappointed. When Perry folded I could see that it would become a 3 person race naturally, and I thought it would be Paul instead of gingrich. :o

Not to be it appears. Although Paul could pull a McCain, win an early state and be in it. But that is his most likely path now.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Last edited by Juno on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juno

Postby Tinker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Juno Notice how he uses GWB as his negative example while trying to get you invested in this year's GWB?

Romney is smart and capable, but he's Liberal Elite to the core. Liberal Elites are quite often smart and capable.

But, I'd prefer a competent CEO to an incompetent one. Herman Cain ruined the profitability of Godfather's Pizza and reined as Godfather's Pizza lost money for more than ten years, closing many stores during his tenure. So if you want to vote for the CEO President, Romney is definitely your guy at least he was a competent CEO. When companies he bought layed off people and went out of business, he was doing it on purpose, not by accident.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Juno

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Last edited by Juno on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juno

Postby Tinker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:04 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:07 pm

Juno

Postby crashtech » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:04 pm

So I read that Romney (along with Gingrich, ugh) will hold to the conventional neocon line of thought, continuing the doctrine of preemptively attacking countries based on perceived threat level instead of actual acts of war.

I'm not going to vote for that.
crashtech

Postby Atmosphere » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Atmosphere

Postby AzariLoveIran » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:15 pm

AzariLoveIran

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Maybe I am unique, but I can't imagine voting for Romney under any circumstances, primary or general.
Juno

Postby Tinker » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:33 am

Tinker

Postby Juno » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:31 am

Juno

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Juno, Newt Gingrich will make us cry for Mitt Romney.

Mr. Perfect

Postby monster_gardener » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:34 am

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:02 am

Juno, if you are still around, this flirtation with NG is scaring the hell out of me, and has clarified that I would definitely rather have a President Romney over a NG loss to BHO. I think you should think the same thing. Newt Gingrich is for a mandate, for MMGW and undoubtedly has a dozen cockamamie schemes up is sleeve. If got forbid he won the whole cheeselog he would bring back the Democrats as a majority party in 2016. This is not acceptable.

Azari and MG, I will stack up Mitt Romey's jobs record vs Obama's all the live long day long. All day long.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Juno » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 am

Juno

Postby monster_gardener » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Last edited by monster_gardener on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

PreviousNext

Return to American Electoral Politics