[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Mitt Romney

Mitt Romney

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

Mitt Romney

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:23 am

You know, Cain has taken a little hit, Gingrich is apparently "surging" :o and Ron P isn't getting the traction when his window came up. That is really aggravating. Ron should have been prepped for the Cain incident. Arg.

So Mitt Romney, or Mitt Romeny as Ibrahim might say. The youtubes are positive nightmarish to watch, the flip flop mashups. Good Lord. Those are bad. And looking like a cardboard cut out of President actually hurts him I think more than helps him. But he can certainly beat Obama.

We got into a little discussion here over the mormons, Huntsman vs Romney, and pulled up the wiki pages for the kids.

Huntsman appears to be some kind of hippy with decades of unaccounted time, with a profile we breezed through in a couple of minutes. Romney's took forever, and he appears to be the most qualified Presidential candidate since George Washington. Maybe even accounting for different time periods, more qualified than George Washington.

Go figure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_romney" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

His biggest weakness is that he has done too much with his life. WAY too much.

So CD has been actually talking me into not voting for Romney because essentially he isn't conservative enough. Some people know the GOP has a special place in my heart and not voting GOP every single time and at every opportunity has not entered my mind since I started following politics at the age of 3 years and 10 months. I remember the moment I became politically aware. I was in the car with dear old mum and the radio man said something about the "xyz administration" and my little mind said, "I want to know everything there is to know about THAT". And so I've tried. :P

So this is rather alarming. Not voting GOP when I have the chance, the universe may cease. So the CD argument in other forum is that he is too liberal. I have been aware of that and don't really care, the GOP house will drive the legislation, Romney certainly will not veto the radical extremist right wing acid soaked legislation so what do I care.

But reading this long bio I certainly got a jolt. This is a mover and a shaker. This is a guy you do not count down or out. He is certainly not omnipotent, but this is probably the most accomplished Presidential candidate we've ever had. I may be forgetting somebody from the 1800's, but in my lifetime? GHWB is the only comparable guy.

So that scares me. A guy this smart, this experienced at operating human machinery, he's going to get his stuff DONE. He gets it. He knows what to do. Obama is in diapers compared to his executive experience and accomplishment. Diapers. Obama isn't in the conversation, Romney is comparable to our great leaders in the past, right out of the box. He's done it all, dealt with being in a high profile family, is accomplished in his church, prestigious academic background (according to Democrats :P ) long political experience from his family, a long and deep and wide business experience. The only guy who could trump him would be a Fortune 500 exec. Romney is in that league. Handing lotsa people and lotsa dough. Been there done that, no problem for Mitt.

So if this guy is a liberal, he's going to govern LIBERAL. If he's conservative, whoah. I mean whoah.

This guy has something that we haven't seen since Reagan. He's formidable.

And he's starting off with advantages Reagan did not have, youth and a better resume.

So America, if you've ever wanted a highly qualified candidate, here is your guy.

I hope it works out. :?
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Re: Mitt Romney

Postby Juno » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:43 am

I would rather see Obama re-elected than Romeny elected. and I think a can of tuna fish would be a better president than Obama.
Juno

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:28 am

On what basis.

The problem with the CD argument is that even with everything I've said it's hard to argue "Obama is the worst ever EXCEPT Mitt Romney". That is in so many words is sort of statistically challenging for starters.

Also, if Romney was THAT liberal he could've always been a Democrat.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:48 pm

I kinda just want to vote for him so we can keep expanding our list of minorities we are no longer oppressing.

If I can't have Paul go farther in the process, then such trifles are all we have open to us.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:03 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:05 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Juno » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Juno

Postby Tinker » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Tinker

Postby Juno » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Juno

Postby Tinker » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:14 pm

Tinker

Postby Atmosphere » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:18 pm

Even if Romney doesn't get the Presidential nomination, he would be excellent for VP. A Cain/Romney ticket could appeal - lots of charismatic government cutting, with the manager and fundraiser working behind the scenes. Romney's record and accomplishments are impressive to be sure, so hopefully that would be enough to over come media bias, and flip-flopping problems with Romneycare, abortion, etc. Tea partiers would have to hold their noses, just like they did with McCain and Bush before.

GOP establishment and fundraisers have already decided on him. He was probably promised the next shot in back rooms after it was given to McCain in 2008.
Atmosphere

Postby Tinker » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:26 pm

I wouldn't be surprised by Romney/Paul actually.

Well, I guess it's not likely, because when Romney becomes that carbon-copy Neo-Liberal President, he can't have his VP talking trash constantly.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:28 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:08 am

Juno

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:23 am

Sorry Juno, what I meant was what kinds of things do you think Romney will do, specifically, that make you think he would be worse than Obama.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 am

Juno

Postby Tinker » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:22 am

*sighs* Mr. Perfect is jerking off in public again. This thread was almost interesting.

Saying Obama is not a serious political thinker only tells me that YOU are not a serious thinker.

Running a business is not greater experience than being a Senator in terms of being President.

This thread is over as far as I am concerned.
Tinker

Postby amos » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:42 am

juno,

you have the histrionic swoon thing down....if i were meryl steep i'd be worried
"Once: enough."
amos

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:47 am

Last edited by Juno on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juno

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:48 am

Juno

Postby monster_gardener » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:15 am

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby Juno » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:24 am

Juno

Postby monster_gardener » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:58 am

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:43 am

Mr. Perfect

Next

Return to American Electoral Politics