[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - The Obama Re-Election thread......

The Obama Re-Election thread......

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

The Obama Re-Election thread......

Postby lzzrdgrrl » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:00 am

Because when all the other candidates and worthy adversaries connive, undercut and essentially annihilate each other he will, essentially, be the Last Man Standing. All Barak needs is a modicum of patience and self-discipline while the current and ongoing bloodshed resolves itself. oh..... and not committing the major Self-Pwnage Fatality. How could this not happen? Discuss........
lzzrdgrrl

Re: The Obama Re-Election thread......

Postby Ibrahim » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:38 pm

I don't know that an ugly primary is automatically a benefit for the other team. Obama/Clinton dragged on too long for some people's taste, but it didn't translate into success for McCain/Palin, who got trounced anyway.

The best tack for the Obama campaign is to point to Congressional delays in passing his jobs stimulus bill, and then try and run as some kind of "outsider," even though he's the incumbent. Bush II was able to do this to some extent in 2004.

Of course a shit opponent (like John Kerry in 2004 or Sarah Palin in 2008) always helps.
Ibrahim

Postby lzzrdgrrl » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:40 am

I have this feeling that Herman Cain and Michele Bachmann are going to fruitcake out for some reason. Romney and Paul are non-starters for different reasons and Perry has about been done by Cain, before he implodes. It's gonna be a perfect multi-car pileup while Obama tootles through the wreckage. Something Bush coulda done, which seems appropriate.....ö_ö......
lzzrdgrrl

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Last edited by Colonel Sun on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Demon of Undoing » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:49 pm

How anybody can watch Bachman speak and not be just frightened and amazed is beyond me. Does nobody see the eyes on this chick? I'm not convinced she isn't a Sleestak.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:42 pm

This election is shaping up like a re-imagining of 2004. Ron Paul is the Howard Dean with very slick ideas about organizing, really exemplifies the ethos of Libertarians as Dean did Progressives, but for some reason won't be able to gain the mainstream traction in the primary. Mitt Romney is the John Kerry, tall strong-jawed white man from Massachussetts, well spoken but boring, will largely govern toward the middle, is going to win the Primary but get shredded in the general.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Cain beats Obama:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... l_matchups

All the top candidates have scored majorities over Obama in head to heads, once a nominee is chosen the GOP will get a 5%+ bump upward, and it is pretty much a lock. The race is the GOP's to lose. Romney, Perry, Cain, Paul, all can win at least 50% chance at this point. Maybe as high as 62% chance for any GOP nominee.

Obama's internals and electorals are even worse, even if Obama wins the overall cote by .5% he will likely lose by 2 states or so.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:28 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Not for a while. For months Rasmussen has been plum in the middle of the RCP average, today being an exception. Rasmussen was as close as anyone in the last election.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Perhaps. I don't think Mitt Romney will survive people finding out what he did to make his millions.

I bet OFA is praying that Mitt Romney wins. I think you're right that Herman Cain will be better against Obama. It's harder to sell that Herman Cain did a horrible job of managing Godfather's Pizza than it will be to sell that Mitt Romney was fantastic at his job at Bain Capital.

Herman Cain caused a small amount of job loss unintentionally, but Mitt Romney caused a large amount of job loss intentionally.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Nothing in comparison to the jobs lost under Obama. No comparison. Will be very happy to compare Romney's record on jobs vs. Obama's. VERY happy.

Thanks for teeing it up.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:20 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Wow, your inability to comprehend politics is rather funny. Why do you pretend like you understand when you don't?

How can you spend so much time following politics and still not understand its internal mechanisms?

I'm not out trying to get Progressives to vote for Progressives. Not at all.
Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:41 pm

Whatever you say. I will simply enjoy the greatest political renaissance in US history (the post Bush/post Obama re-establishment of the GOP supermajority) while you "understand politics".

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 pm

Well I'm a trader, I let other people do my work for me. ;)

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:48 pm

Tinker

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Presidents cannot "make" jobs, no matter what party or color they are or what kind of 'program" they have.
10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:18 pm

That will certainly blow the foundations out from underneath Obamunism, that's for sure.

Mr. Perfect

Postby rednblacklumberjack » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:40 am

"Greatest political renaissance in US History"

This is indistinguishable from goals sought by many "unaligned" (#OW[City]) people. I wonder if Mr. Perfect's spidey-sense for political change (something I think is more tested in Americans) has picked up on the spirits in the air. I do not know where things will end up, but would wager there's some new variables coalescing into powerful actors. And while we contemplate the intrigues of #OWS, is it worth wondering about the counter-designs of the Tea Party's baroque message-makers, not those who are still grass-roots but the ones who share in the Koch dreams for the USA?

Interesting times...
with a hat to match
rednblacklumberjack

Postby rednblacklumberjack » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:48 am

with a hat to match
rednblacklumberjack

Next

Return to American Electoral Politics