[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Voting for a fully black man!

Voting for a fully black man!

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

Re: Voting for a fully black man!

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:49 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Ibrahim » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Ibrahim

Postby Tinker » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:02 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:03 pm

Mr. P. can be a bit over the top regarding this US Republicrat versus Demopublican dialectic when he introduces it into unrelated threads,

but then we all have our weaknesses:

some have their British Imperial and Zionists demons, others suspect racists lurking behind every post,
while I typically discount anything other than what Marcus calls a materialist perspective on things
and can't resist trying to make a joke no matter how serious the topic.

Anyways, both Mr. P. and Tinker pass the beer test for me, as do virtually all posters here: if I met them, I'd probably be happy to have a beer with them.
Last edited by Colonel Sun on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because

Colonel Sun

Postby monster_gardener » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:12 am

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby Ibrahim » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:18 am

Ibrahim

Postby Ibrahim » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:37 am

Back to Herman Cain for a minute, here is a sweet video of him talking about Libya that someone just linked me to:

http://youtu.be/WW_nDFKAmCo

Almost put this in the Libya thread, but the country doesn't really matter here. Could easily be Uzbeki-eki-eki-stan.
Ibrahim

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:14 am

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:17 am

After that navel gazing interlude, will try make amends and bring the thread back on track . . .

Because

Colonel Sun

Postby Tinker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:05 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby cincinnatus » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:33 am

Last edited by cincinnatus on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
cincinnatus

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:44 am

I hate to say it, but the hollow force would be good for America. The political will for foreign military adventures will be cut seriously if people just think the military is going to shaft them, which it will.

Hundreds of thousands of troops are going to come back.

Anyway, my point is that saying he wants to be SecDef strikes me as puffery. Call it partisanship if you want, but it's just hubris. It comes across very much as, "I want a pony.", to me.
Tinker

Postby cincinnatus » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:48 am

cincinnatus

Postby Ibrahim » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:15 am

Ibrahim

Postby Nonc Hilaire » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:39 pm

People who have not experienced active military service should not be allowed positions of responsibility in the Department of Defense. Or the Presidency.
10 years ago the USA had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope, and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope, and no Cash.
Nonc Hilaire

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Tinker

Postby Tinker » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Tinker

Postby Ibrahim » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Ibrahim

Postby Ibrahim » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:25 pm

Apparently Cain is today "reevaluating" his candidacy. Still amusing to me that a consensual affair is judged to be the last straw, rather than multiple instances of accused sexual harassment.
Ibrahim

Postby Mr. Perfect » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:58 am

Cain clearly picked the wrong party, had he been a Democrat he'd have gone all the way. If you get my drift.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby monster_gardener » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:51 pm

For the love of G_d, may I consider I may be mistaken
monster_gardener

Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Postby Azrael » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:57 am

It's interesting how Republicans like Cain love lecturing the voters about personal responsibility; but when they're caught with their pants down, it's all the media's fault.

Cain must have known this was going to blow up sooner or later . . . I suspect the point of his campaign wasn't to get elected, it was to raise money. Now that he has suspended his campaign, he can still raise money. He skims a little here, gets a few kickbacks from consultants and contractors there and he's made himself quite a bit of money. It worked for Larouche. People started to say he wasn't serious when he took almost a month off in the middle of the campaign to promote a book. It looks like they were right. It was all about the money the whole time.
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
Azrael

Postby Tinker » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:17 am

Tinker

Previous

Return to American Electoral Politics