[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - The story that is not being broadcast.......

The story that is not being broadcast.......

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

The story that is not being broadcast.......

Postby Simple Minded » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Has anyone else noticed that all the usual MSM circuses are about floods, hurricanes, petty squabbles over non-bi-partisan schedules for debates and speeches, and the usual partisan political stories that "Your kids are stupid, Your wife is ugly, Your policies don't work!"

In the midst of all this hype and focus on minutia, no one is talking about the Federal Government that continues to dis-function (for what 2+ years?) without a formal budget!!!!!!!!!

Weird. Does this bother any of you out there who are parents?

Why would anyone have confidence in those who can't even field a budget, to solve any problems related to finance and economics??

I think if we had a mainstream media, the lead on every nightly newscast would be a daily count, similar to the 444 days of the iranian hostage crises, or the nightly body counts coming out of Iraq and Afghanistan:

Any of you old farts out there remember a similar situation? I don't.

Does this strike any of you as strange? Thoughts?

Big red flashing inicator?
Simple Minded

Re: The story that is not being broadcast.......

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:21 am

Yes. It's broken. I wasn't kidding.

Does it matter if there is a budget? Would anybody expect them to follow it if there were?
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Simple Minded » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Simple Minded

Postby Tinker » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:39 pm

I don't think anyone is exactly saying nothing.

Pretty much everyone recognizes that shit is off the rails.

All of my political organizing operates as though the government is kind of the 800 lb gorilla in the room. I don't seek to get government money toward any cause ever. But the work has to involve governments, whether it's the Haitian government or the US government.

Things are fucked, and I would like to see the role of government reduced at every level. And I back this up on a daily basis with the way I operate.

I think the problem is generically that we are too dependent on the Federal Government. And I tell government bureaucrats and passionate progressives this TO THEIR FACES, all the time.

That's probably why Mr. Perfect annoys me so much, because he's surrounded by people who all agree with that core assumption, so there is nothing brave or exceptional about saying so where he is. For me, I have to face the possibility that people will stop talking to me if I am too bold.
The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby noddy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:18 am

noddy

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:40 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:44 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Return to American Electoral Politics