[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Sarah Palin 2012

Sarah Palin 2012

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

Re: Sarah Palin 2012

Postby Hapax Legomenon » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:04 am

Hapax Legomenon

Postby YMix » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 am

Humanity ought to be the first order of interest for humans.
YMix

Postby noddy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:44 am

noddy

Postby Tinker » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:58 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:20 pm

I can't believe that people anywhere are still talking about her. I sign it off to the same sort of retardation in the culture that is responsible for supporting " reality TV". I can't remember ever hearing of someone perpetuated that long for that little content. Its not a rational thing, there's just not enough there, pro or con, to deal with it that long.

I think this is the first time I have put her name in a post for a couple of years, and it's still too much attention for the merits of the experience.
Don't know what it is, but I'm agin'it.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:22 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:50 pm

Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:10 pm

:lol:
Tinker

Postby Demon of Undoing » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Demon of Undoing

Postby Tinker » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Who is that? IT'S AL QAEDA!!! Give 'em Hell Al Qaeda!

Our country's getting back to normal and we owe it all to Osama bin Laden.
Tinker

Postby Simple Minded » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:56 am

Simple Minded

Postby Tinker » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Tinker

Postby Simple Minded » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:35 am

Simple Minded

Postby Tinker » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:32 am

Yes, I am in my early 30s.

The comparison of Obama and Palin just doesn't interest me. I think it's stupid. Comparisons between Obama and Bush are more apt. But I don't really give a shit. You don't like Obama that's fine. Don't like Obama.

It doesn't matter, looks like Palin ain't in on the campaign thing so none of it matters. She can have a long career as an airhead pundit for all I care. She can quit as many ventures as she likes and she'll get no more than a giggle from me when they mention it on the Daily Show.
Tinker

Postby Simple Minded » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:49 am

Tinker,

You never disappoint me. :) As I have said before, politicians and candidates are indicators of our culture.

The mob on both sides of the aisle demand larger than life candidates, presidents who are only too human, and the trivializing of people "on the other side" with whom we disagree.

We want our candidates to talk about "hope and change," "compassionate conservatism," or to be "the man from Hope!"

Then when they are in office, we want them to go on The View and talk about Snookie, talk about their favorite baseball/football/basketball teams, tell a story, look at pictures of them eating ice cream cones with their families, fly over an area hit by a flood or a hurricane, with a pained look on their face, then deliver a 20 second sound bite about the "horiffic scope" of "tragic disaster" and "human suffering," or talk about how the people we disagree with are treating them unfairly.

Human nature is ubiquitous. Palin and Obama are analogous because that those are the products people wish to buy. Both parties understand the marketing strategy. Emotions are not tools of cognition, but generating that emotional bond, or pulling on those heartstrings is crucial to winning the election.

As I have also said before, the sense of loyalty that people form to a particular "cult of personality" is fascinating. "I'm brand X and we are obviously morally and intellectually superior to those brand Y people over there!"

Now lets argue about whether Chevy or Ford makes the best truck....... ;)

Who do you think would prevail in a fist fight? Ronald McDonald or the Burger King? :D
Simple Minded

Postby Demon of Undoing » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Burger King would totally pwn that painted freak. Clowns only scare children; His Majesty has a Varangian guard.
Demon of Undoing

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:07 pm

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby YMix » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

Humanity ought to be the first order of interest for humans.
YMix

Postby Ibrahim » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:14 am

Ibrahim

Postby Sparky » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Yeah. They're the shitest Zaphod Beeblebroxes ever.
Sparky

Postby Hapax Legomenon » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:55 am

Hapax Legomenon

Postby Tinker » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Actually the only news channel I watch is New York 1 which is great for local politics. I think they maybe had something about Sarah Palin once or twice.

But I agree, Sarah Palin's biggest fans are on the left. I've said as much in the past. It's the hatecrushes that drive her popularity.
Tinker

Postby crashtech » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Sooo.... you've abandoned the hate, then? Good for you.
crashtech

Postby Azrael » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
Azrael

Postby Colonel Sun » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:57 am

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

PreviousNext

Return to American Electoral Politics