[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Diegetics • View topic - Ron Paul for 2012 White House

Ron Paul for 2012 White House

This is a temporary forum for the upcoming US election

Moderator: YMix

Re: Ron Paul for 2012 White House

Postby crashtech » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:41 pm

I love military hardware, and I have a deep respect not only for my brother-in -law who serves in the Air Force, but all who serve. But I am ready to see these damn chickenhawk Repub candidates hanged in the town square for their gleeful embrace of wanton, needless, preemptive destruction. I'm deeply regretful that I ever allowed myself to be provoked into supporting such reckless policies.
crashtech

Postby the glowing carp » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 am

I don't blame Military personnel for a nano-second, I remember seeing the CIA agent that 'Syrianna' was based on saying that when the Neo-Cons came to power the people he and others had called 'the Crazies' in the CIA were elevated, like the one guy in the CIA that proposed the Nigerian Yellow cake purchase via known counterfeit documents.

People join the Forces in good faith that a job that has to be done will be handled in such a way that their lives will only be risked at last demand of National security, not to be used as pawns in some play for Oil to save a few bucks, keep the Arms manufacturing quarter profitable and the Surveillance Industry expanding.
better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the glowing carp

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:17 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

John Boner has brought change to America
Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:19 am

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests Patrick Henry

Mr. Perfect

Postby crashtech » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:48 am

There aren't a bunch of Dems vying for the Presidency right now, and I have a somewhat limited attention span. Are you implying that I am sympathetic to the Democrats? That's laughable. Are there Democrats out there eager to attack Iran? Feel free to name and condemn them, and I will second the motion.

I suppose I am harder on the Republicans because their principles are so close to what they should be, but their practices are about half deplorable. Of course the Democrats are totally a lost cause, except they do seem closer to my views on civil rights in some instances.
crashtech

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:31 am

Mr. Perfect

Postby crashtech » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:46 am

Well, your admission that the GOP is a criminal gang is a step in the right direction.

I've been letting my utter disdain for Democrats be known for many years on this and the Spengler forum, and while I might not be the most memorable poster, I'm sure you and many of the regulars know it. My beliefs in this regard have not changed, it's just that now my eyes have been opened to the shortcomings of my former party. Like a former smoker, I have been tending to be a bit hard on my former associates. Guilty as charged. But I don't think my sins of omission take away from the points I am making.

P.S. Good point about the TSA. Democrats certainly have their authoritarian wing, just as the Republicans do.
crashtech

Postby AzariLoveIran » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:16 am

Last edited by AzariLoveIran on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
AzariLoveIran

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:18 am

Mr. Perfect

Postby crashtech » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:26 am

Not really. It was a bipartisan creation, but this Administration has really taken to a new and terrifying level.

It seems you are trying to damage my credibility in order to blunt the points I am making. Fair enough for the way you do business, but I don't think it will be effective.
crashtech

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:54 am

No, I'm trying to change your mind. You do more harm than good. I'm trying to get you back from the darkside.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:46 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:49 pm

The canary didn't die because this mine is dangerous, it died because it's lazy and wasn't raised with a proper work ethic.
Tinker

Postby Colonel Sun » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:52 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:53 pm

And TInker, you're just lying. It's safe to say we can just call it that now.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Mr. Perfect

Postby Tinker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Ron Paul .
Tinker

Postby Tinker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Tinker

Postby crashtech » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:21 pm

You two calling each other liars takes away from the discussion instead of adding to it, unless such accusations are coupled with verbatim quotes and cites that offer proof of the claim.
crashtech

Postby Mr. Perfect » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:25 pm

The Democrats are full of lies.

They campaigned as the anti-Bush foreign policy party for numerous election cycles and when they got the power they not only continued the Bush policies without alteration but increased them.

They campaigned as the anti-Bush civil liberties party for numerous election cycles and when they got the power they magnified the supposed malignant Bush policies.

They campaigned as the anti-Bush corporate corruption party for numerous election cycles and when they got the power they passed TARP, completely defended Freddie and Fannie, passed an insurance mandate, partnered with GS and GE making them effectively departments of the Obama administration.

They ran for years as the party of Paygo and then when they had the full reigns they created the largest deficits in our history, rabidly defending them as essential to the economy.

They take the things they scream they are opposed to and then do them worse than the original offender.

All while their supporters cheered their every move.

So unlike the Republican who tells you what he stands for, you can agree or disagree and discuss as you will, sometimes we are right sometimes we are wrong, the Democrat will do the exact opposite of what they say they will do, over and over and over again. They never are who they say they are. In the end, they are simply for massive government power for their control and will sell out their own country and humanity itself in order to obtain those powers.

They are just a bunch of liars. Time for them to go. They serve no good or useful purpose.

Mr. Perfect

Postby Colonel Sun » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:00 am

Never criticize anyone until you've walked several kilometres in their shoes.
Because

1. You're now several kilometres away; and

2. You've got their shoes.
Colonel Sun

Postby Ibrahim » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:14 am

Ibrahim

Postby Tinker » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:32 am

Tinker

Postby Mr. Perfect » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:11 am

Mr. Perfect

PreviousNext

Return to American Electoral Politics